My Tractor Forum banner
28661 - 28680 of 28861 Posts

· Premium Member
9,732 Posts
View attachment 2580957 messed with the jeepster this weekend . It had boxes and coffee cans of hard wear . So I went through it and found the bolts and screws that matched what ever I was trying to bolt up . Got the top , hood , seats ,black in , the passenger door works good , drivers side is fair .
Always good to know what is and is not. The hard part has always been taking it back apart to do the job right. I'm still not good at that.

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
Washing machine water lines are now in. Now more hoses will need to be drug around the house to do laundry. Still have electrical to go but that will be another day.
Now to get some laundry done.
Baby steps...

You're infinitely safer now that you don't have hoses running alongside extension cords...

Mike

· Premium Member
917 Posts
Started putting the 4E back together. Engine showed up today (a bit early, it was showing Friday/Saturday last I checked)

Motor vehicle Aluminum can Tin can Beverage can Engineering

In the rush i didn't realize the rotor was missing (yes, this has points on it, as did the original engine, but that one has low compression and the wire for the points/condenser was cut) and the one on the old engine is frozen solid to it..oh well, found one so now I'm waiting for that to get here. I'm debating on setting this one up like my PB400 with the airbox mounted on top, might leave it the way it is but might make it stand out a bit. Still undecided.

Also managed to find a bar for the 042, hopefully I can get that saw usable finally.

Reactions: bontai Joe

· Premium Member
5,968 Posts
Howdy all! Just checking in & saying hi. No tractor activity here, sadly. But winter has finally gotten started, the snowblower got some use the other day, and it's snowing again at the moment. Though it's supposed to turn to rain overnight, which might not be good for tree limbs, and additional power outages.Hoping ours stays on, and no damage.

Is that a bunny battery?
What's a bunny battery?

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
I've lost track of everything I did today...

Shoveled (aak) the sidewalk and front steps to avoid a hard freeze.

Ran around for a good part of the morning: bank run, musical vehicles, backyard prep; all for a firewood delivery.

Re-split and debarked some of the new firewood so it will dry out a little faster (it's mostly seasoned, but we've had a lot of rain and a little snow / ice recently). The boys helped, and we filled the garage rack about a quarter full. Should get us through the weekend. Will split more, probably on Sunday.

Took the boys for their annual physicals (wife met us there). Had a nice dinner out afterwards.

And went to Lowe's to buy some kiln-dried wood (we use that as firestarters). Their poor signage saved me 10%!

Oh, and had to work and attend some phone meetings around / between all of that!

Mike

· Premium Member
9,732 Posts
Howdy all! Just checking in & saying hi. No tractor activity here, sadly. But winter has finally gotten started, the snowblower got some use the other day, and it's snowing again at the moment. Though it's supposed to turn to rain overnight, which might not be good for tree limbs, and additional power outages.Hoping ours stays on, and no damage.

What's a bunny battery?
Eveready

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
Forgot to mention, I also "fixed" the hardware on the new-ish wheelbarrow yesterday. I definitely should have bought a used one, would have been built with much better materials.

Anyway, the "before" pic shows the serrated flange nuts (which were ALL loose).

...Yes, one went missing, and the whole thing was wobbling, which is how I figured this out in the first place...

Bicycle part Wood Bumper Gas Automotive tire

I replaced those with lock washers (stainless) and nylock nuts (zinc). I also added some thick washers (zinc) where the brackets were slotted.

Wood Automotive tire Rim Wood stain Hardwood

Mike

· Registered
3,169 Posts
2 days ago the wind took down a pine at the edge of the woods. It took a cedar with it on the way down and they are out in the field. I worked on cutting and piling limbs for about 2 hours this morning, that's about all my back will take at one time. I have to cut a while and pile a while, my balance is not good enough to work over the limbs on the ground. I estimate that both trees are between 20 and 24 inches across at the stump so this will be a long term project. I'm way past working all day with a chainsaw. You can just barely see the cedar root ball above the trailer.
Cannon
Plant Plant community Tree Tire Natural landscape

· Premium Member
917 Posts
In my quest of looking for echo parts, I snagged a PB410.

Dealing with a circus of people today and tomorrow.

Reactions: bontai Joe
28661 - 28680 of 28861 Posts