My Tractor Forum banner
28621 - 28640 of 28861 Posts

· Premium Member
917 Posts
Tore into the other 4e, only to find that the engines shot. I'm going to source a used one and just throw it back together, if anything It'll be one that I can say I managed to put back together for a change instead of throwing pieces all over the place in anger.

Sloooooowly getting parts for the "gas powered watering can". That's next up.

• Love
Reactions: bontai Joe

· Super Moderator
14,326 Posts
New shoes on the 2013 F250 - that purchase hurt! Averaging 71k miles per set.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Our shower mixing valve went out and of course even though Lowes said there were two in stock…. I found this. A super helpful employee helped me look through all the other parts on the shelf in the hope they misplaced and no dice. Glad we have other bathrooms, all cold or all hot showers are not pleasant.
Automotive design Font Machine Fashion accessory Retail

· Premium Member
9,732 Posts
View attachment 2580820
Our shower mixing valve went out and of course even though Lowes said there were two in stock…. I found this. A super helpful employee helped me look through all the other parts on the shelf in the hope they misplaced and no dice. Glad we have other bathrooms, all cold or all hot showers are not pleasant.
View attachment 2580821
What brand of valve? I very seldom change valves. Cartridge yes. Mixing valve, it must be a Delta? Don't buy that Danoc, nothing but problems.

· Likes Vintage JDs
13,049 Posts
View attachment 2580820
View attachment 2580821
Have 3 sets of those on our vehicles. Good all-round tires and long lasting. Only thing I’ve noticed is they seem to want higher pressure than what the vehicle manuals call for. With lower pressure the mpgs really fall off.👍

· Super Moderator
14,326 Posts
What brand of valve? I very seldom change valves. Cartridge yes. Mixing valve, it must be a Delta? Don't buy that Danoc, nothing but problems.
Cartridge… I’ve looked at so many parts diagrams that all the parts are blurring together. We were thinking maybe try and find a new style for the bathroom while we were at it. I think that dream has passed….. reassemble the old stuff once the new cartridge gets here.

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
View attachment 2580820
Have 3 sets of those on our vehicles. Good all-round tires and long lasting. Only thing I’ve noticed is they seem to want higher pressure than what the vehicle manuals call for. With lower pressure the mpgs really fall off.👍
I prefer Michelin as well, at least for my Explorers. I've had a variety of brands on the RV over the years (depends on availability).

Mike

· Likes Vintage JDs
13,049 Posts
Yesterday was take-down-the-holiday-wreaths-day at Arlington Nat’l Cemetery. We have helped lay wreaths in the past, but this was my first time on clean-up duty.

The old pros used hockey sticks, long poles, and even lengths of rope to collect large bunches of wreathes. I just used my arms, which was not near as effective/efficient. Live and learn - - next time I will come prepared.

Cloud Sky Plant Tree Tower

Sky Cloud Plant Cemetery Nature

Plant Cemetery Tree Gesture Headstone

Plant Sky Tree Road surface Asphalt

The turnout for clean-up was solid, but nothing like for the laying of the wreaths. I was worried we’d be there all day. But it was impressive to see what a swarm of eager humans can accomplish when all focussed on the same singular objective. We finished sooner than I thought possible - - just a couple hours into it.

Still, it occurred to me how much more efficient the whole operation could be if assisted by a large fleet of garden tractors towing carts. Maybe a potential volunteer opportunity for we garden tractor enthusiasts?

Anyway, whether laying the wreaths or cleaning-up after the holidays, it is a moving experience to walk among these hallowed grounds. So much history and sacrifice.

Photograph Plant White Cemetery Light

Plant Cemetery Grave Headstone Grass

Cemetery Plant Tree Grass Grave

Cemetery Plant Grave Grass Headstone

Sky Plant Tree Cemetery Grass

Plant Sky Cloud Headstone Cemetery

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
Wow, that's humbling, even from here.

Mike

· Registered
5,579 Posts
View attachment 2580820
View attachment 2580821
"2 In Stock"
Fine print: "Unless there ain't any on the shelf"

File it along with things like this:
"Ran when last used"
Fine print: " just before it blew up and got left out in the rain and snow 12 years ago"

· Premium Member
917 Posts
It's raining, so I'm not really doing much of anything today. Waiting on the engine for the 4e to get here, so everything's pretty much at a standstill until I get it off the bench.

· Premium Member
16,699 Posts
"Ran when last used"
Fine print: " just before it blew up and got left out in the rain and snow 12 years ago"
Yup, right up there with: Just needs a carb cleaning (or battery)...

Mike

28621 - 28640 of 28861 Posts