My Tractor Forum banner
23961 - 23980 of 25086 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,936 Posts
Maybe the fire wasn't hot enough, LOL...

Mike

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Premium Member
14,936 Posts
I know, I was kidding. No one needs a 20-foot tall plume of flame!

Mike

·
Citizen of Earth
16,779 Posts
On Saturday, the 25th, I spend several hours unloading all the stuff out of my wife's Subaru (move 2 things, then sit and huff and puff for 10 minutes, repeat). I was picking her up Saturday night upon her return from California and had to have room for her luggage. I left the very heavy "Heavy Duty" jack in the back because I ran out of energy and muscle power. Good to have her home. We both slept in most of Sunday. She was happy to be in her own bed after a week of hotel rooms. Monday, she got scheduled for a half day shift in addition to her 10 hour over night shift. I didn't get much done beyond making my own lunch. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and less humid and I'm gonna try and do some work outside, even if it's in 5 minute installments while I rest in between.

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,609 Posts
Bought a bunch of new bearings for my Ariens 21" mower, and started replacing them, when I came across this shaft. The two narrow spots are where the bearings go, and seem to have worn a groove in the shaft at both spots, so there's a lot of slop in the shaft.
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

I spent a ridiculous amount of time brazing up the end spot, then machining it down on the lathe, but I haven't got it right yet (it's either been low spots in the braze or having trouble with doing interrupted cuts and then getting close in size the tool rubs instead of cuts, even after sharpening the tool).

·
Super Moderator
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23,968 ·
Looks like the market may be cooling off a bit. I'm starting to see tractors that were previously moving quick at $12,000 now sit and have price drops. This one was at $12,500
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Administrator
13,384 Posts
Cloud Sky Water Plant Natural landscape

On vacation this week and sitting on the deck at the cottage. Low 70’s, dry breeze and beautiful fair weather clouds. Great day to be here goofing off! I brought some home work with me, sanding all the filler panels and both door mirrors for my Cutlass that is elbow deep in a garage paint job. The detail stuff is driving me crazy. But the project is moving along really well and may be complete by mid - late August if things keep moving as they are.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,877 Posts
View attachment 2556562
On vacation this week and sitting on the deck at the cottage. Low 70’s, dry breeze and beautiful fair weather clouds. Great day to be here goofing off! I brought some home work with me, sanding all the filler panels and both door mirrors for my Cutlass that is elbow deep in a garage paint job. The detail stuff is driving me crazy. But the project is moving along really well and may be complete by mid - late August if things keep moving as they are.
That is a spectacular view! 👍👍

·
Super Moderator
44,018 Posts
I've used FoxIt .pdf reader for years, the link is below and yes, you have to wade through their other offerings and yes at times when using it, there will be "upgrade" notifications. But it is a really nice .pdf viewer, "Do Not click on Enterprise Packaging!" just use "Free Download":

PDF Software Free Download | Foxit Software

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,877 Posts
Clear as can be with the dry breeze from the north, can see the Provincetown monument across the bay with the naked eye. Been coming here for the last 29 years and it never gets old. I’m a lucky man that’s for sure!
Yup. I’ll be a few miles north of you for two weeks in August, enjoying the same views. Agree, it never gets old:

Lighthouse Sky Cloud Plant Tower

I’ll wave to you. I think you’re just a bit south, across the mouth of the bay, in the background of this photo:

Water Cloud Sky Plant Plant community

·
Super Moderator
44,018 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,539 Posts
Looking at Tim's cab posts makes me think that I need to re-think how I work around here. I'm always behind on the current season's jobs. Maybe I need to get over it, let them go and focus on working a season or two ahead?

Mike

Ha--yeah good luck w/ that line of thinking-just like me---(sigh)-lately I have realized, as I get older-- I'll most likely NEVER catch up...:censored:

glenn

·
Super Moderator
17,539 Posts
I don't like going to work alone anymore. To much can happen that even 10 years ago wouldn't even have been a consideration.
Got old, reflexes and balance are not what they use to be, sometimes things simply quite working. Also still thinking we are still in our thirties in mind doesn't make for making good choices.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

You are exactly right,my friend. Can't always be 110% anymore--and it not only scares me sometimes, because I'm still trying to do some extreme things--then I have to stop/pause/think.:cry::cry:

Reactions: bontai Joe
23961 - 23980 of 25086 Posts