My Tractor Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 2636 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,361
Did finish welding the D rings on the right side of the trailer this morning.

View attachment 2464057 View attachment 2464058
The rings are a great idea. Joe and I were talking about winching a GT into a truck the other day and he said he had nothing to pull from. I've had my Tacoma for a few years and it has a bunch of tie downs in the bed floor and rails and I forget older trucks don't have anything.

·
Super Moderator
29,564 Posts
The rings are a great idea. Joe and I were talking about winching a GT into a truck the other day and he said he had nothing to pull from. I've had my Tacoma for a few years and it has a bunch of tie downs in the bed floor and rails and I forget older trucks don't have anything.
I've always disliked tying down on this trailer due to lack of rings, should have done bolted ones years ago but just used the bottom of the angle iron on the sides/front, but it just slips off too easy! I'm going to put some on the front too so that I can pull or tie down from there as well.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,363
I didn't post my results with the new sleeve hitch cylinder yesterday because it was not working right. It would only lift 250lbs. Tiny old cylinder would lift 180lbs.

So I put it away tired and frustrated. Fresh eyes today let me see the problem. The pull side of the hitch was getting torqued forward 3" by the cylinder before it lifted, binding it up.

Today I pulled the hitch off and reamed the 5/8" holes to 3/4" then replaced the 2 bolts with a solid shaft. Drilled and tapped the arms for zerks. It lifted 320lbs right away even still torquing the bottom of the hitch forward. I'm done for now but will reinforce a bunch when I tear it down in a day or two for paint. It'll probably lift a bit more after more reinforcement.
It will now lift the implements 16" higher than before.

Cylinder mount after gusseting.
20200627_122833.jpg

Zerks in the arms
20200628_113854.jpg

100lb box blade with (8) 25lb plates and (2) 10lbs sitting inside the box
20200628_130205.jpg

It will easily lift itself
20200628_131905.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,365

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
By increasing the lift capacity does this mean you can hook up a hydraulic tiller.
Because the tiller would be too heavy to lift otherwise, or because of not being able to power the tiller's hydraulics?

I may be wrong, but my impression was the tractor's actual hydraulics haven't really been changed, but Steve's new setup is better taking advantage of them, with bigger cylinders.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,368
Because the tiller would be too heavy to lift otherwise, or because of not being able to power the tiller's hydraulics?

I may be wrong, but my impression was the tractor's actual hydraulics haven't really been changed, but Steve's new setup is better taking advantage of them, with bigger cylinders.
Yep. Mainly had problems with the old cylinder not lifting high enough and struggling to lift my box blade with 70lbs of weights hanging on it.

I'm super happy I put the ATV subframe under this as it bolts to the hitch and distributes the forces better.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Used my small Poulan to cut up that maple branch that fell the other day. It made short work of it.
IMG-20200628-WA0000.jpeg

20200628_142826.jpg

Got a picture of Momma hawk this morning way up in the trees.
20200628_080001.jpg

Found this in the woods. No idea how it got there or long it's been there. Gonna toss it in some Evapo-Rust and see what happens.
20200628_150109.jpg

And my dog scared them, but there were four baby deer and two does in the woods. They were jumping and playing for a while before my dog scared the crap out of them.
20200628_150418.jpg
20200628_150421.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
Joe, I always get carried away "tearing down" and cause myself more work later! Just fun tearing into things!! Regal is making serious progress now!

Don, thanks for the video, some good ideas there, really like the ProPlug!

RO good idea on the traction tape.

Randy, I have a couple of box fans I can use if needed, but they are normally "in house" fans so I may have to get something more appropriate for the garage! Harbor Freight has some that would work well, I also need to mount some "exhaust" fans in the basement for when I'm welding down there.

Did finish welding the D rings on the right side of the trailer this morning.

View attachment 2464057 View attachment 2464058
That's going to be a nice trailer , when I repacked my hubs it looked like some one took a hammer to the threads it was strange I should have maby done something different than force the nut off but I got impatient I got it back together but I know it's the way it is .

·
Super Moderator
29,564 Posts
That's going to be a nice trailer , when I repacked my hubs it looked like some one took a hammer to the threads it was strange I should have maby done something different than force the nut off but I got impatient I got it back together but I know it's the way it is .
Thanks, when I made the decision to take the deck off that opened up a number of sub-projects on it since the whole frame was going to be worked on. Was hoping to finish this month but hey, not in a hurry so if it takes another one not a big deal. Going to grab a few more D-rings at Home Depot tomorrow to finish up the tie-down points.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,373 (Edited)
Steve, Did that tractor have hydraulics when you bought it because I didn't know Cub Cadet had garden tractors with hydraulics..
Yeah, a lot of Cub GTs had hydraulics up until they stopped making the 3000 series mid 2000s. 3000s have hydraulic deck lift spool valves which can have more valves bolted to to expand up to 4 valves.

Cub built these to run a 3-pt hitch, deck lift, and snow blade with 2 circuits to lift and angle.

No these dont have ANYTHING usable on them. MTD junk. Do NOT look for a 3000 series. Total junk.

Reactions: WrongDoug
2,654 Posts
There's a SC2400 for sale near me but they want in my opinion too much for it. $10500. I think it has only 276 hrs on it. And its a third owner. It has a loader and mid mount mower.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,375
There's a SC2400 for sale near me but they want in my opinion too much for it. $10500. I think it has only 276 hrs on it. And its a third owner. It has a loader and mid mount mower.
That's pretty close to what they go for in that configuration. Compare to a JD 1000 series.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Needed to work on the truck but it rained most of Saturday morning. Everything is mud again. The wind was blowing about 25 mph so no draining transmission fluid anyways.
Tried some weedeating and the Ryobi spark plug wire gave out. Looks like it was cut off but there is nothing there to do this. Looked for a spark plug wire. Ryobi wants to sell a new coil just for a plug wire replacement. Strange how lazy people have become.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,546 Posts
Steve, that thing's an absolute beast!

Did some trimming with the Craftsman walk-behind in mulch mode today. Also filled a cart with a load of sumac and other saplings that were trying to overtake the electrical box corner of the yard.

Also found poison ivy climbing the pear tree (again), so I changed into latex gloves and cut that down. Tried to get the roots, but didn't get as much as I'd hoped.

Was trying to get more done, including cutting the lawn with the tractor, but Mother Nature had other plans...

We've been hunkered down for about two hours, massive downpours, frequent (and close) lightning and hail. I'd assume wind too. The warnings were calling for all of that.

I live on a cul-de-sac that's maybe a third to a half mile long. The lightning tracker showed strikes just off both ends of our street, one looks like it may have hit my son's former baseball coach's property!

Some areas saw over two inches in around an hour, flash floods already in place.

Eerily dark outside too...

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,378
Dragging dead limbs down with the pole saw hook. Sweating like nothing else. It is hot and muggy in NW AR.
Taking breaks in front of the chcken house fan to keep cool.
20200628_181358.jpg

Reactions: Bebop

·
Premium Member
6,447 Posts
used my craftsman pusher today, I just love my custom ventilated mower deck.

Reactions: WrongDoug
2361 - 2380 of 2636 Posts