My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1921 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
I tried grading the drive this afternoon. Not sure if I did not make a bigger mess of it than it was before. Could use someone's loader to move some mud. Yes a loader is now on the bucket list. Was trying to get it ready for some new rock. There will be no picture taking till in the morning.

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
It takes practice. One thing I learned was that I was lifting my blade too much. When I put my box blade on float and just drove around without lifting it, it came correct.
View attachment 2445706 View attachment 2445709
I was just trying to remove some accumulated mud to get back to bed rock. A back blade may have done me more good than the front blade. The turf tires were not worth a darn for steering wrapped in mud.

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
I wash my own clothes. The wife is the one here that can not sort. If I have them sorted out occasionally she will put them in the washer for me.
Got the driveway cleaned out and the holes filled in finally. Will see if it rains tomorrow. If not maybe I can get some more mud pushed out of the way. Sloppy mud takes forever to move with just a blade. Got some new rock coming this week for the drive. The slop pile will just have to dry out before any thing else can be done with it.

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
When you have 1500 layer running around they are just chickens with no social status. Same with rooster in masses. Either that or there are just so many it no longer matters.
A hen will not sit on just one egg so if you want chicks and have a rooster leave her eggs alone. She will know when she thinks there are enough to sit on.

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
Took apart a curved carpeted step into a whirlpool tub and started replacing it with a straight tiled step. Got the step built and all but 6 noise tile installed. Would have had that done but ran out of tile. Will get some pictures tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
Long day today.

Dropped the kids at daycare (sports camp during school vacation week).

Ate breakfast while answering some emails for work.

Pitstop at Lowe's (coat rack pulling its anchors out of the wall, kids' backpacks are getting too heavy).

Final meeting at the funeral home, then a stop at the florist (planning for my grandfather's funeral). Back home, made some calls to finalize the bereavement luncheon.

Then got outside to beat on some firewood with a hatchet (just me and the dog). Debarked 2/3 of a 10 cuft cart, then stacked it and cleaned up the sawdust from around the bucking rack.

Out for dinner with the family, then a quick stop at the store.

Got home and played some Trivial Pursuit with the wife and kids.

Only got pics of the firewood (before/during/after)...

Mike

View attachment 2446791 View attachment 2446792 View attachment 2446793 View attachment 2446794
Hope you got the metal brackets for the coat rake and get it anchored into studs. Just do not understand the push in wall anchors many like to use and the plastic hooks that like to brake.

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
You made a wise choice just cutting it up. I have put together a few kits. They are to time consuming to make any thing at it and have taken a few apart and moved them. Also time consuming.

·
Premium Member
7,975 Posts
Nice job on the mower, Steve!

I'm working on getting rid of the remnants from the playset. Looks like some of the trim is cedar, but I'm thinking the 2x parts are PT. It's all weathered, so it's tough to tell.

I'm hesitant to burn the PT, but I put all the thin stuff into the burn pile (along with a lot of bark that I've generated from firewood duty over the past few weeks), that's going well, so I'm on to making more firewood.

Mike
Got a place out side to burn the pt or a sealed stove it should be ok. Definitely not fire place wood.

1 - 20 of 1921 Posts