My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1659 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing dirtwork with my Cub 3240 and bucket. Stopped to grill for lunch. Chuckeyes, burgs and dogs. Medium for me(up top after being on the bottom for a bit) well done for her.

That's what I'm up to. What are you doing today?

20200209_131531.jpg

20200208_133309.jpg

·
Administrator
21,093 Posts
Sitting here playing with a TV that has me frustrated. Not that I need to fix it, but it's the principal of the thing!

Also fixing dinner. Italian Chicken Breasts. Smell great and think they'll be delicious.

Hoping so anyway.

·
Administrator
21,093 Posts
Sure can't see the chicken breasts under the Marinara, but they're there! Plus cheese bread on hot dog buns.

Here's the pics of the dinner:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
After the storm on Thursday that sprinkled almost 6 inches of water, I waited until the yard dried out some to pick up all the fallen branches today. Then did a walk about and used acephate to kill the emerging fire ant nests.
Grilled some lager brats on the Oklahoma Joe's Highland smoker yesterday and doing some grilled cheese & ham sandwiches with asparagus on the side for dinner tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure can't see the chicken breasts under the Marinara, but they're there! Plus cheese bread on hot dog buns.

Here's the pics of the dinner:

View attachment 2445661 View attachment 2445662
Yum. Set me a plate. Good luck with the TV.
After the storm on Thursday that sprinkled almost 6 inches of water, I waited until the yard dried out some to pick up all the fallen branches today. Then did a walk about and used acephate to kill the emerging fire ant nests.
Grilled some lager brats on the Oklahoma Joe's Highland smoker yesterday and doing some grilled cheese & ham sandwiches with asparagus on the side for dinner tonight.
Sounds great. Love me some asparagus. Umm, except for the odorus effect on the #1 that is lol. :D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Okay, I like this. I bought these Snap-On ratchets off of FB marketplace a couple weeks ago. Paid $40 for the group. There is an FLF936, an S80A and an SV-71. I took them all apart, cleaned and lubed them up. I used Superlube, that's what Snap-On puts in them from the factory and in their repair kits. The S80A and the SV-71 were nice and clean inside but the FLF936 was filthy.

20200204_190003.jpg

20200204_204830.jpg

20200205_190157.jpg

20200205_190128.jpg

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Yes, that is the minor drawback to asparagus. The Ghetto Grocery near where I live had the lager brats for $1.99 for a pack of 5 and the canned asparagus for 85¢ a can. I don't think I bought enough and may have to go back.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I like this. I bought these Snap-On ratchets off of FB marketplace a couple weeks ago. Paid $40 for the group. There is an FLF936, an S80A and an SV-71. I took them all apart, cleaned and lubed them up. I used Superlube, that's what Snap-On puts in them from the factory and in their repair kits. The S80A and the SV-71 were nice and clean inside but the FLF936 was filthy.

View attachment 2445680

View attachment 2445678

View attachment 2445679

View attachment 2445682
Nice. Snap-on makes some great ratchets. I wonder if Proto makes them for Snap-on. They look just like the old Proto ratchet that's still in production. I have 1/4" and 1/2" Plvmb ratchets built by Proto.
Yes, that is the minor drawback to asparagus. The Ghetto Grocery near where I live had the lager brats for $1.99 for a pack of 5 and the canned asparagus for 85¢ a can. I don't think I bought enough and may have to go back.
Dang, you made out like a bandit on them grubs. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Just got back from skiing (nordic skate) over at Frostbite Falls.

Didn't take any pics while skiing. Will this security cam shot suffice?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Just checked on my well house, guess this Squirrel moved in and made a house on my pump and piping. LOL I'll let him stay as long as he doesn't chew on my wires but they are wrapped in aluminum and they don't like chewing on aluminum. LOL
He did straight up the floor in there and put everything in his home!
20200209_095755.jpg

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nice. Snap-on makes skme great ratchets. I wonder if Proto makes them for Snap-on. They look just like the old Proto ratchet that's still in production. I have 1/4" and 1/2" Plvmb ratchets built by Proto.
At $40 for the trio, I thought it was a pretty good deal. I really only wanted the S80A but I'll take the others. I have a fair bit of Blue Point and Snap-On, I bought most of it when I got into the automotive trade. I still buy some stuff on occasion when I find it cheap but I don't even look at the tool truck anymore. If you are gonna buy one thing from Snap-On, buy the flank drive combo wrenches. Probably the best tool they make. The sockets are nice too but unless you're using them every day, they aren't worth it. Same thing with the ratchets. The Dual 80s are really nice though.

I just put the chickens in the coop for the night, the days are getting longer so eggs should be coming soon!

20200209_181540.jpg

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I've been doing dirtwork with my Cub 3240 and bucket. Stopped to grill for lunch. Chuckeyes, burgs and dogs. Medium for me(up top after being on the bottom for a bit) well done for her.

That's what I'm up to. What are you doing today?
Oh man it's hard to beat chuckeyes, grab them up every time our piggy wiggy meat mkt. has them.[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back from skiing (nordic skate) over at Frostbite Falls.

Didn't take any pics while skiing. Will this security cam shot suffice?
View attachment 2445684
That'll work. Hope ya had fun.
Just checked on my well house, guess this Squirrel moved in and made a house on my pump and piping. LOL I'll let him stay as long as he doesn't chew on my wires but they are wrapped in aluminum and they don't like chewing on aluminum. LOL
He did straight up the floor in there and put everything in his home!
View attachment 2445685
I'd live trap and haul that turd off before he destroys something. alternatively take a big container of cayenne pepper in there and sprinkle it everywhere you don't want him. Rodents don't like the pepper heat chemical capsaisen. That's the only thing I found to keep them out of my car engine bays when we parked outside. Below was overnight. I dosed it with cayenne and never had another nut in there.

At $40 for the trio, I thought it was a pretty good deal. I really only wanted the S80A but I'll take the others. I have a fair bit of Blue Point and Snap-On, I bought most of it when I got into the automotive trade. I still buy some stuff on occasion when I find it cheap but I don't even look at the tool truck anymore. If you are gonna buy one thing from Snap-On, buy the flank drive combo wrenches. Probably the best tool they make. The sockets are nice too but unless you're using them every day, they aren't worth it. Same thing with the ratchets. The Dual 80s are really nice though.

I just put the chickens in the coop for the night, the days are getting longer so eggs should be coming soon!

View attachment 2445686
Hot chicks man!

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man it's hard to beat chuckeyes, grab them up every time our piggy wiggy meat mkt. has them.
[/QUOTE]
Dad turned me on to them. He said one time he asked the butcher for some and he said "Are you a butcher?" Seems that chuckeyes are called "the butcher's cut" The butcher told dad they are the end cut of a ribeye and aren't pretty as they separate when cooked so the butchers take them home.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe a box of moth balls that's what ran my skunk out of there. LOL
Skunk said that stuff stinks LOL
Skunks tolerate NO stinky odors. They got standards yo!

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 1659 Posts