My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 8122 and bought a dozer/snow blade. I tried to install it. The lift bar isn't fitting. I bought a different bar one that was a tad longer and it didn't fit either. Is their a certain lift rod to fit certain tractors and blades?

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
I have a 8122 and bought a dozer/snow blade. I tried to install it. The lift bar isn't fitting. I bought a different bar one that was a tad longer and it didn't fit either. Is their a certain lift rod to fit certain tractors and blades?

The dozer lift rod is a little longer than the mower lift rods. Assuming the frame hasn't been modified, you should be able to use the longer rod in the second hole closest to the rockshaft.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must have 2 mower lift rods then hahahaha. One is only like 1/2" longer. It's definitely wrong. When I lift the bar the blade frame hits the front axle.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Let me measure one when I get home. Been a few threads around here that show what different people have made. Early ones used a quick disconnect coupler that is hard to find. I've made one with a threaded rod end and love it.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Is your tractor a manual lift? It should be adjusted to lock in right before it hits the axle.

The lift rod for the snow dozer is 11" long, the one for a mower is only about 8-1/2" long.

Sheldon

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
http://www.oldgravelys.net/pdf/48_Inch_Rider_Snowdozer_Own_Man_0475.pdf

The bolt the quick link used was a 7" bolt. I'm thinking I measure about 7.5" - 8" total length assembled. Proper length is going to be critical on yours as it is a manual lift and getting it to lock up tight against the front axle and give you proper down travel. This dimension is a little more flexible in hydraulic lifts as the cylinder just does not move fully. Same problem you can have getting a manual lift tractor to lift a deck all the way up.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts