My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, it's time to make some money. Some you may remember three weeks ago I drove 465 miles..both ways to buy a 2010 JD 2320 for $12.500.00.

Here's the deal----STEAL. I've found a 2008 JD 2320 with 87 hours. It is equipped with the standard items, plus a 54 inch drive on ramp mower deck. It has turf tires like my new one. Has 24 hp Yanmar 3 cyl diesel engine, with power steering, Hydro transmission, 2 point hitch, PTO rear and mid mount, and ROPS. Wants $4,600.00 and will ship to my address for $5,100.00.

The owner says..The condition of the tractor is flawless, and with no defects.

I don't need another 2320, but I feel I can get it here, clean and polish it us, and sell it for $9,000.00 Make about $3,000.00 bucks.

Think it is a great bargain..deal?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Spam!!!

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
let me guess could the tractor be located in Nigeria perhaps?

·
Banned
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. Doesn't sound right.
My first thought on this was the same. No one sells a 2008 JD 2320 valued at $11,000.00 for less than half of that. So, I obtained the owner's name, and email from the newspaper that he has the ad in, and he replied that it's a sale to settle a divorce case and his lost.

I have to let him know if I want the tractor. However, I need some more information and such before I proceed with any money exchanges hands... That is if I "really" want to go into the transaction.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm sure you've heard..."if it's too good to be true, it usually is."

I would let somebody else have this great deal. You ever wonder why he can't sell something so sweet locally?? I'm sure there has to be somebody that would buy it for that, especially if it's in the local paper.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Did you find this one on Craigslist? If so, it is probably a scam. It has been discussed her numerous times in the past.

The tractor is packed and at the shipper ready to come to you. All you have to do is wire the money to someone and it will be delivered. This one is a classic.

Beware!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hire somebody local to the tractor location, pay them a couple hundo to check it out. For $4,600 I just can't believe it but funny things happen.
Call a local lawyer to check it out, it might be worth the hourly fee to know for sure.

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
623 Posts
That is about 4 hours from me, if you do want someone to go look at it? send me a message here and we can talk.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've seen deals such as that here in Ontario. Run away as fast as you can. They want you to send the money someplace and then they will ship you the item unseen. I have seen quads, gators advertized like this at unbelievable prices. Big time scam

·
Super Moderator
32,621 Posts
Tell them you have a friend in the area that wants to come see it for you and take some pictures! See what happens!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great find!! Sure looks a lot like this one which is located in New Jersey and is also a smoking deal:
http://secure.adpay.com/clicknbuy.aspx?p=2047&adid=NJC5180422

Oh, and a bit like this one that sold recently on eBay:
www.ebayitem.com/130416225547

[/sarcasm]

You are kidding right? Search for "2008 JOHN DEERE 2320 4WD TRACTOR" on Google, you'll find the same tractor listed all over North America.

Regards,

Rich

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
$8000.00 reserve not met !!!!!!!! Why you can pick one up in Oregon for $4600.00 :sidelaugh
I'm guessing John Deere throws in a red barn, with each tractor, to keep it in as a bonus !!

The guy has 100% buyer feed back !!!!!!!!! on E-bay

·
Registered
833 Posts
I inquired about a JD 425 with FEL real cheap, last year.

Only because the Kijiji ad was posted from Montreal Canada (therefore, no duty & taxes to pay).

Owner was leaving the country (new job assignment) and having 3rd party arranging sale, out of PA. USA.

Couldn't get a cell phone # out of the email joker or a valid address to view item.
(he just wanted a money order / for a nice green photo)

I smelled SCAM & ran away - fast...

--------------------------------------
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135888 http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=136600&page=3
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
I just get a kick out of some people that will believe this stuff:sorry1::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Come on peeps, where is your man cards???????????

1 - 20 of 28 Posts