My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used 4620's one year and got rid of them asap. IMO they were under powered or not geared right. Had trouble pulling a disc and had a terrible time staying in a furrow with a moldboard plow. I wonder how they worked out in a role such as feeding round bales etc?
Has anyone else been on one of these sick tractors?
Did JD ever make a worse tractor? imo

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Do you mean the 4120? If so, yes they were underpowered. :( My dealer refused to sell them.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So another one comes to light as well. I meant 4620.

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
TG,

I did a search and found the 4620 in tractordata.com tests exceeded its rated power and tested at 115.8 drawbar hp and 135.8 pto hp. That shouldn't be underpowered for the tasks you describe. I wonder if there's something wrong with the machine?

The 4120 is a CUT tractor. :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had irrc three of the slugs. I have heard from others in the past what a dog they were. Don't understand how being under powered or wrongly geared kept them climbing out of the furrows.
Don't get me wrong; i am a JD man from many years ago. I always thought they had the best cab of any i was on. The would be JD vs Versatile. The best AC as well. Nothing like jumping out of the cab in hot bean cultivating weather while using a 12 row cultivator to pull out the bindweed clogand then have the AC blast you.
In my book the 4620 was a much a dog as a 4020 is a superstar of tractors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts