My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also got a well used 10324 yesterday, it needs a different wheel for the left side, plus pinion gear. The deck is little rusty, which i could repaint it. It did run great for a couple minutes, but coil is shot. Throttle cable feels like it is is corroded too. I think it was kept outside. I had to pressure wash the grime off of it.
I might fix some of it to sell it. When the ignition coil worked, the engine ran fine with a little surge which i can correct that with a bigger pilot jet. It also needs a good carburetor cleaning. I would take the parts that I need off of my other 10323 for this machine and get the new parts and install them on 10323.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
well, its been posted in here before, can try to bake the coil..
its a tough machine in my opinion
if it were me i'd give it the tlc&keep it

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well i am baking the coil right now with 30 minutes to go. I did swap a good one from my very nice dura-force equipped lawnboy 10552 and whammo! it runs now. I did order 2 new coils for 20 bucks off of ebay just in case. And 2 new drive wheels for 10 bucks each.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will probably put the new drive wheels on a 10323 mower i have, and take the used ones and put them on the 10324.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as expected, the old coil works with baking it at 225 degrees for one hour.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
that is great news. I just got a free 10323 by the side of the road, in great shape. its just missing the spark plug and the coil from what I can tell. How hard is it to replace the coil. Do you have any pointers on how to do this. I have never done it, just curious. pics or diagrams would be really helpful!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take out 3 screws with a #2 Philips screw driver to remove the starter/gas tank housing, put it aside (you can keep both hoses attached). Unbolt the cooling air shroud (there are 2 nuts, and 2 bolts to take off), then remove the air shroud. Then there should be 2 long skinny bolts that keeps the cdi coil on. Those take a 3/8ths socket or wrench to take off. Use those long skinny bolts to secure cdi/coil, and set it .010 '' clearance from the fly wheel. reattach everything and check for spark, then try to start it up.

If there is any thing I missed, anyone is welcome to chime in.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Take out 3 screws with a #2 Philips screw driver to remove the starter/gas tank housing, put it aside (you can keep both hoses attached). Unbolt the cooling air shroud (there are 2 nuts, and 2 bolts to take off), then remove the air shroud. Then there should be 2 long skinny bolts that keeps the cdi coil on. Those take a 3/8ths socket or wrench to take off. Use those long skinny bolts to secure cdi/coil, and set it .010 '' clearance from the fly wheel. reattach everything and check for spark, then try to start it up.

If there is any thing I missed, anyone is welcome to chime in.
Thanks. I just ordered an new coil on ebay and I hope it will be here soon.

Thanks for the tips

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks. I just ordered an new coil on ebay and I hope it will be here soon.

Thanks for the tips
There's a 10323 listed on KC craigslist needing a coil for $30.00 and my sister picked one up for me from a guy in Lenexa last night. Any of those yours?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
There's a 10323 listed on KC craigslist needing a coil for $30.00 and my sister picked one up for me from a guy in Lenexa last night. Any of those yours?
nope none of those were mine. I ended up giving my m-series and a DF to my dad. His lawn girl and new toro both threw their self propelled's out again! Those mowers are junk!

Chewy thanks for the help! The coil was really easy to replace. I just used the business card trick and it works like a charm. How is your Duraforce coming along? Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It probably isn't worth fixing if you are going to resell. Most good to excellent condition df mowers struggled to get $150 on ebay this season and the power head would probably do $75 if you just sold it now that you got it running.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
that gives me food for thought,
keep my df or sell as is or repaint then sell
i saw a real hot color that would match
them new camaros have "synergy green" paint it pops in the sun, however,
the paint aint cheap...
if i finish milling a new rocking key, its basically ready to go

1 - 12 of 12 Posts