My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to scrapyard again. and found a sabre was told it ran just needed deck work. so i bought it got it home and took about 30 minutes to get it fired up. runs ok needs some tweeking and maybe headgasket. its really nice for being 20 years old. now if i get into the engine and find wear i do have the scotts engine thats next to it in the one picture. while running the sabre i kicked deck on its quiet but i need to weld the one bracket back on and it needs a drive belt. i figure it should be a easy sell. right rear tire was replaced and they didnt put the correct tread on so i got extras from other mowers and right rear rim has a bent lip so what i am thinking is use a rim off the scotts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Looking good Tyler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,889 Posts
Even that deck is pretty clean! Amazing what you can find that people throw away! The old adage, "more money than brains" comes to mind when I see stuff like that in a scrapyard.

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even that deck is pretty clean! Amazing what you can find that people throw away! The old adage, "more money than brains" comes to mind when I see stuff like that in a scrapyard.
look back in forum its same place i got a f620 jd zero turn lol

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good Tyler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
update. engine diagnosed. rod was knocking. shame too the cylinder has crosshatches still. scotts engine is on and runs but needs head work due to water that got into it. all heads i have have issues hoping to get one redone tomorrow.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,213 Posts
so i went to scrapyard again. and found a sabre was told it ran just needed deck work. so i bought it got it home and took about 30 minutes to get it fired up. runs ok needs some tweeking and maybe headgasket. its really nice for being 20 years old. now if i get into the engine and find wear i do have the scotts engine thats next to it in the one picture. while running the sabre i kicked deck on its quiet but i need to weld the one bracket back on and it needs a drive belt. i figure it should be a easy sell. right rear tire was replaced and they didnt put the correct tread on so i got extras from other mowers and right rear rim has a bent lip so what i am thinking is use a rim off the scotts.
hey dude..that's a good find.. I have a Saber too.. the 1742 model it came with a bagger too.. gave 100 for it.. had a bad engine too.. I stuck a 12 hp Kohler in it.. it gets loaned out to a friend every summer.. in the winter he also gets a JD LT 155 with a blade on it.. this guy is tickled pink.. he has a 3 car garage which I built for him..

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the junkyard.... I just got this deck that I'm going to turn into a 3 point deck...
hey dude..that's a good find.. I have a Saber too.. the 1742 model it came with a bagger too.. gave 100 for it.. had a bad engine too.. I stuck a 12 hp Kohler in it.. it gets loaned out to a friend every summer.. in the winter he also gets a JD LT 155 with a blade on it.. this guy is tickled pink.. he has a 3 car garage which I built for him..
keep eye out since spring rush is here i been busy and not got on but i found more goodies including something i NEVER thought i would see hint check the massey part of forum lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts