My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i took my ss14 (with the 16hp briggs for my sub 15) to repair shop the owner put points on it for me and showed me how to adjust them and i put the brand new mag on it. he pulled the pulleys off so i can swap them around. only charged me 15 bucks for 2 hours worth of work :) plus 85 dollars in parts. he even got the muffler off.well today i finished getting it ready to do some work put brand new exhaust pipe on and stuck the muffler on it and it blew the head gasket grrrrr. well cant complain has more power than my worn out 14hp on my sub 15. so i called up repair shop and ordered the head gasket but still ran it up and down the drive. engine will be pulled oil pan and gasket replaced and put on the sub 15 in a couple weeks

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also to shut it down can i ground a wire out to the frame or will i screw points or mag up?

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone?

·
Registered
283 Posts
On your ignition switch theres a set of "dry contacts" which means in the off position there will be continuity between the two poles. When in on position they will break or open. This gets wired in series with the ignition coil feed. When off, contacts are closed and therefore grounding the system. One wire from ground to the one pole and the other goes to the positive lead to the coil, problem solved

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts