My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time people post about getting awesome deals on stuff they find curbside, or at some auction....

others, like me, ask: "why can't I ever be lucky enough to find good deals like that!?"...

Well fellas'... my time has come....

I'm Going "shopping tomorrow".... all I'm bringing is a trailer and a bag of cash... will post pics after the "deed is done"....

cheers!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright alright.... spike harrow... plow.... pto spreader... etc.... aiming at 5-6 items in total, but the guy told me he has much more..... I only read 1/2 way through his email before I had to turn away to wipe my face (I was drooling)...

·
Registered
313 Posts
wally2q, I hope there is a tiller in the collection as well, have fun and good luck, and bring some extra tie-down material for the extra goody you may need to pile on top at the last minute.
Jake

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you bet!... I asked the guy about a post hole digger and a rototiller... he didn't say - so we'll see... but if they're there, they'll be coming home with me....

Lucky for me I'm off to Phoenix for a week on Monday - will give the wife some time to calm down before she sees me again!....

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Good luck and enjoy it. slkpk

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Sounds like a good time and of course...:wwp:

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Wally2Q - How did you get on with your stuff? :wwp:

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I picked up some stuff... didn't get the brush hog because I have zero use for one - but now I'm thinking I should call him back and go get it anyway - if at least to restore and re-sell.

Got the 3ph spreader, a spike harrow (already had one, so now I have 2), a 2-bottom plow that looks like a nice antique - probably better as a lawn ornament although totally useable.... Also got a PTO 1/2 shaft for free - for use on one of my projects....

The spreader is worn - rust from the corrosive fertilizers - but the drive shaft, gearbox, and 3ph mounts are good.... I am thinking of just dismantling it and using the parts for custom implements, as I already have a tow-behind electric-powered spreader.

Will post pics when I get back from PHX. It was raining on Sat., and Sunday I had to leave for yet another business trip! The morning after I get back I leave for my vacation for 2 weeks, so taking pics / posting will be tight time-wise!!!

But I do have projects lined up already - I have a MacKissic chipper I picked up some time ago for $100 - self powered (11 hp)... fixed it up - ran well for about 5-6 yards of mulch I made so far... but the motor needs more intesive rebuild.... burns 1 qt. of oil for every 4 fuel refils too - although once I clean the plug, it starts and runs beautifully. Plus various other pieces are disintegrating on the motor (fuel tank / gaskets, engine pull-cord / flywheel cage, governor assy..... well anyway, it's to a point where the time required to rebuild it properly will take more time then my plan "b".... I'll be reworking the unit to a PTO driven 3ph implement (another hobby project!!). Got the steel, the pulleys, etc... and now I have the drive shaft and other items off the spreader to complete the parts kit.... fab work begins mid-july.... "... gentlemen - start your MIG welders!!..."

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
fab work begins mid-july.... "... gentlemen - start your MIG welders!!..."
Sounds like alot of fun, make sure to give us heaps of photos!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts