My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for a long while for a quality mower to replace my aged and abused 25 year old Craftsman I finally had some sucess. With the advice from folks on here I avoided the big box store stuff, and was looking at a new Cub or Simplicity. Luckily on one stop at the dealer they had a beautiful JD 165 (I know it is old too), and I bought it. It is in great shape and low hours. The dealer serviced it before delivery as part of the deal. So that lands me in the group of JD owners, even if by happens chance.

Pictures will soon follow.

Anything special I should give the once over on a 165 that the dealer may not have focused on?

Should be mowing with her tomorrow evening....can't wait.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and looking forward to the pics of it. slkpk

·
Administrator
12,567 Posts
My uncle had a Hydro 165 for a long time, it had a Kawasaki single cylinder in it (14hp?) and he put loads of hours on it cutting an acre plus of lawn every week. Great machine!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congrats! Great machine for all kinds of things. -gh

·
GO TIGERS!
1,210 Posts
After looking for a long while for a quality mower to replace my aged and abused 25 year old Craftsman I finally had some sucess. With the advice from folks on here I avoided the big box store stuff, and was looking at a new Cub or Simplicity. Luckily on one stop at the dealer they had a beautiful JD 165 (I know it is old too), and I bought it. It is in great shape and low hours. The dealer serviced it before delivery as part of the deal. So that lands me in the group of JD owners, even if by happens chance.

Pictures will soon follow.

Anything special I should give the once over on a 165 that the dealer may not have focused on?

Should be mowing with her tomorrow evening....can't wait.
...and so it begins. Next thing you know you will have John Deere socks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
hostaman LOL!!

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Didn't know the 165 had hour meters on them? My 160 didn't have one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts