My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Some of you may remember my posts about trying to find a nice GX345 or even an older 345. (I really wanted that diff lock as I have a very steep hill in the front of my property and my LT155 that I just restored wasn't going to cut it for long!) See post:
Restored LT155
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=130524
Help me pick
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=140437

Since this last thread I have looked at 4 other tractors and all of them are more money, 345's - so no diff lock, or in even worse condition!:Stop:

Well I was still hunting away and this time I took my wife to see a 2000 345. When we arrived she said how much is it? When I told her "they are asking $3995" she says "you have to be kidding me....for that!?!?!" Now I have showed her pictures of the other tractors so she is seeing the pattern...:banghead3

This is where it gets good folks...:fing32:
My wife then says how much is a NEW tractor? When I told her the X540 list for $7500 but they have a $300 rebate going on and I bet I could get a better deal, she said look into it! (Oh how I LOVE this woman!) Then she said "I know you...and you want everything perfect and just like new. I know you are going to spend $$$ fixing up anything you find used and who knows how much that will cost and you don't even know how it has been treated!" She also knows I am going to sell the LT155 with all the accessories but the wagon and she said "don't you want a new wagon for the new tractor?" After i got up from the floor, I said "um, oh I don't know" LOL!

So to get on with this very long story...
I just ordered a 2010 John Deere X540 with the 48c deck. I am also having a mulch kit installed and the front brush guard added all for a grand total of $6825, and that includes delivery:fing32: I put down the max amount I was willing to go on a used tractor ($4k) and financed the rest with the 4.9APR deal. (I will have it paid off in less than a year but just in case...) So for that additional $2825, I got a BRAND NEW tractor with all the features I wanted (diff lock, power steering, HDAP tires, LC engine, mulch kit, and very, VERY clean:fing32:) plus now also have a 4 year warranty!

I my short list of additional options are:
1, the headlight upgrade kit $51.00
2, the dual rear 5 gallon bucket kit $86.00
3, the seat net kit $26.00

Down the road I want the Tandem Utility Trailer Model 6500 (6 Ft. bed) with Optional: Hand Operated hydrolic Dump $530.00 plus delivery

http://www.countrylawn-garden.com/wagonstrailers.htm

And either the JBJR or the John Deer 40" tractor shovel $900

To top this all off...my new 10 x 20 shed should be arriving on Thursday!!!:trink39: My new X540 will have a new home!:fing32:

Yes...pictures will follow by the end of the week!!!:trink39:

Life is good!:drunkie:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats and Enjoy:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Congratulations on getting the tractor you know you really wanted....... Now before you take possession you need to take the wife out to do somthing she wants to do............

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU looking forward to the pics of it and the new shed. slkpk

·
Super Moderator
35,770 Posts
Yep, your wife deserves to be treated "extra special" for being so understanding of the green disease! A day at a spa or something like that "normally arranged on a day that one of the accessories is purchased!"

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh...and to anyone who purchased a new JD...how many times did you look through that Select Series catalog or how many times did you go to sleep reading about the accessories???:Stop:

Come on now...don't be shy!:lalala:

I have had my face in those books for the last month! :fing32:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Oh...and to anyone who purchased a new JD...how many times did you look through that Select Series catalog or how many times did you go to sleep reading about the accessories???:Stop:

Come on now...don't be shy!:lalala:

I have had my face in those books for the last month! :fing32:
I think we've all done that. Congrats!!!!

·
Diesel Power
1,604 Posts
What can I say about wives, I went to look at a used 455 and ended up with a new x748.:fing32: You do know about the 35 page attachments and accessories catalog don't you? I still look at it quite often. Congrats on the new x540, 10 years from now you will still be glad you spent the extra money.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Congrats Brian!

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Didn't take her long to see the right way to go !!
Us guy's need 2 pages of posts 50 opinions ( all different )

Women's shopping skills even work @ John Deere:fing20:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Didn't take her long to see the right way to go !!
Us guy's need 2 pages of posts 50 opinions ( all different )

Women's shopping skills even work @ John Deere:fing20:
You mean the more you spend the more you save, like in the commericals? :sidelaugh

Paul

·
Registered
243 Posts
First, congrats on the X540. I got mine about 2 months ago and absolutely love it! I'm now into the accessories I need to maintain the property and make yard work a little easier - integral hitch & rear blade, snow blower, spreader, JBjr. and the like. So I know how you feel!

Now it's time to take the wife out on a "shopping spree!" She is a keeper!

My wife basically said the same thing to me when my old tractor's tranny went with only 96 hours on it - major brand too. While I was thinking I need the sell it, other problems along the way in 5 years, she said its had a lot of problems and let's sell it. Didn't hesitate for a minute. She also said get what you need. So I got my price on CL and bought the Deere.

And yes, I did treat my wife - dinner, flowers, and some jewelry.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
What a gal! You gatta keep her. :thThumbsU

BTW, mine walked in about 2 months ago and said, " why don't we get a John Deere for "our" aniversary." Our 34th is next weekend, we took possession of the x748 about two weeks ago. Who am I to agrue with a such wise woman. :trink39:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts