My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else who lurks over at WW find it down for maintenance? It has been over a week now, must have needed a LOT of maintenance.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Super Moderator
29,477 Posts
Hmmm sometimes "We'll be back shortly" has different meanings to different people! That is unusually long for a website to be down for maintenance though without any other statement.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't look like it from what I can see.
If you Google Welderweb down, it's been down a few trimes before.
Yes, it was last year or the year before, it was down for about a week and they had lost about a year's worth of posts. It had been working great since they came back up after that until last week. I thought there would be some crossover with folks who lurk/post there who also post and lurk here to see if they were experiencing the same thing.

I found a recent post on another forum and someone linked to a site that you can check whether a website is up or not and that site says its up, but I think the "...maintenance ... be back soon." page is what fools that site into thinking its up because the remedies they offer are to clear you browsing history, cache, etc. I tried going to the site using my raspberry pi, something I have never used to browse the site with and the same message, so I know its not old cookies, browsing data, etc. keeping me from getting to the site.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm sometimes "We'll be back shortly" has different meanings to different people! That is unusually long for a website to be down for maintenance though without any other statement.
They've been down this long, if not longer, before, just last year or the year before. Unfortunately, as I said in an earlier reply, they lost about a year's worth of posts. Mainly, I was just trying to confirm that I am not the only one not able to get to the site. I not only tried my usual computers and browsers, I even tried one I know I have never browsed WW with and the same message.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must have changed providers or something because they are now back up, as of this morning, and they have a new look.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,874 Posts
Looks like vBulletin ownes and operates the site now, I get that from the DBA on the web page

1 - 10 of 10 Posts