My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

A tractor I am considering for purchase has welds on the mounting bracket for the front hydraulics (see photo), and possibly a weld on the blade itself. I am not familiar enough with the mounting mechanism to understand the type of stress the welded bracket typically experiences, nor am I familiar with the force required to cause fractures to the welded areas.

Is the welded area prone to failure at some time or another when using a front blade? Will the bracket be prone to future failure?

And finally, keeping in mind that the tractor has obviously experienced some significant stress to the front, what other areas of the tractor should I be concerned with? I am assuming some of the stress was transferred to other parts of the tractor.

I have not yet viewed the tractor in person and would like to arm myself with some info prior to viewing the tractor. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Attachments

·
MTF Member
425 Posts
Welcome Doug

We have a similar Cub, 3204,. The welds you see are common on the front hitch it seems. http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=85003
Because it was underwelded or missing welds in our case on one side from the factory. The tractor is strong and it just needs a little beef up and common sense when lifting heavy loads and traveling over uneven ground. :thThumbsU

DMAC

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've experience that failure. I broke it asking it to do things it never was designed nor intended to do. A quick trip to a welder and it was good to go. It seems like the manufacturer could have added a few more weld points or braces. However, once repaired, I wouldn't give this another thought. These are incredible machines...

If you are "handy", they are easy to work on. I bough mine quite used with some nice accessories. It needed some TLC and has been an incredible asset over the last couple years. I wrote up my adventures of buying a used CC3225 in this thread. It's been well worth the time I've put in to bring it up to snuff.

Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to both of you for the helpful information and links. I truly expected to learn that a tractor would need to take a header off a cliff to sustain similar damage.

I'll be back soon (with a CC parked in my garage)!

Thanks again,

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts