21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
any dealers in KS?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our product is derived from a byproduct from the productioin of sugar from sugar beets, hence the nickname of "beet juice". The dealer was somewhat right as the byproduct is generally described as desugared molasses. Most of the this byproduct is sold as animal feed but we happen to have a patent on using it as the basis for our liquid tire ballast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
any dealers in KS?
Sorry we have missed answering some of your questions and suggestions. It is true that the vast majority of our dealers charge for installation separately from the charge for the Rim Guard itself. For many do-it-yourselfers this can be a tun-off. At the same time almost all of our 900+ dealers will sell the liquid by the gallon to a consumer. The only issue is that our dealers have large bulk storage tanks so the consumer would need to bring appropriately sized storage containers to purchase the liquid. In most areas of the country we have enough dealers to offer a choice so the consumer can shop around a bit to find the best fit for their needs. You can call 866-792-3700 or email [email protected] to get a list of your nearby Rim Guard dealers.

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
Can you please get a dealer locator up on your website; calling/emailing gets old when it would be so simple to look at a map or list by distance from zip code. Your resources wouldn't be tied up answering the same question constantly (you'd just have to update one map) and you'd sell more product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you please get a dealer locator up on your website; calling/emailing gets old when it would be so simple to look at a map or list by distance from zip code. Your resources wouldn't be tied up answering the same question constantly (you'd just have to update one map) and you'd sell more product.
We appreciate your point of view, and it is not the first time we have heard it regarding putting a dealer locator on the website. Our experience shows that 9 times out of 10 when the consumer calls us looking for the nearest dealer we are able to add value beyond just giving the location and phone number. We know our product and we know our dealers and we try and put together the best dealer match for the consumer (all dealers are not created equal); answer any questions he/she might have about the product, performance and installation; and, we realy enjoy talking to our customers - we learn alot that way. It may be true that we lose a few potential sales because someone is unwilling to call or email but we truly believe we make it up in spades by helping our customer directly. But, we will give it some more thought, maybe we can do it both ways. Thanks for your comments.

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
We appreciate your point of view, and it is not the first time we have heard it regarding putting a dealer locator on the website. Our experience shows that 9 times out of 10 when the consumer calls us looking for the nearest dealer we are able to add value beyond just giving the location and phone number. We know our product and we know our dealers and we try and put together the best dealer match for the consumer (all dealers are not created equal); answer any questions he/she might have about the product, performance and installation; and, we realy enjoy talking to our customers - we learn alot that way. It may be true that we lose a few potential sales because someone is unwilling to call or email but we truly believe we make it up in spades by helping our customer directly. But, we will give it some more thought, maybe we can do it both ways. Thanks for your comments.
That seems logical to a certain degree, but repeat customers (like me) already have a pretty good understanding of the product and would like to check in now and then to see if there's any new dealers that are closer (current dealers are an hour away). Many other dealer locators, on other sites, have detailed info as to what they offer (specializing in large ag tires, carry out available, etc). It would also be a good thing to reference if somebody calls in and you don't have a dealer, currently, within driving distance (if somebody told me to keep calling back to check in, I probably wouldn't call back.. but, I would check a website). Anyhow, it's just a suggestion; I believe it would be a win-win for everybody. :fing32:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went to one of my 3 local dealers of Rim Guard. (closest one.) $3.00 per
gallon, 38 gallons per tire, for $50.00 per tire. told him I was going out of
town for a couple of weeks and will be back with tractor 1st week of
November. Said to call day ahead so he could have a man available to do
the service. Next week guys...scared myself doing some mowing and the left
tire came up a few inches. leaned over to counterbalance and that afternoon
called for local dealers... Thanks for a great product.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome. I have 6 L&G tractor tires filled and love the stuff. Only issue I have to mention is to make sure the dealers use METAL valve stems. My rubber ones installed from the JD dealer doing it failed in a year-4 of them. I haven't checked the last two yet as I want to pull the weight (metal) off the tires first so I can fix without getting over the shop.

But-GOOD STUFF. I tell others about it all the time.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
And-thank you for being a sponsor and to replying to posts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
:MTF_wel: I had Rim Guard install in my 1025R. Nice stuff. It made the tractor feel more stable and a better ride.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Well-I was waiting for the call back that I was promised on Power Pac of Marshfield WI (DON'T USE) since they think that the recommendation of metal valve stems doesn't mater so they will just continue with rubber and charge their customers labor/materials for any issues and not advise them to get metal stems.

·
Super Moderator
30,869 Posts
rgballast thankyou for becoming a site supporter! You have a great reputation here on the site and I beat up my cousin (John Deere dealer) until he carried it!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts