My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator- We’re all friends here
14,467 Posts
Welcome Rim Guard! I sit on top of your product all the time. ;)
Good stuff!
Sent from the MTF Free App

·
22,004 Posts
:MTF_wel2: , Rim Guard!!

Good stuff for ballast for any pupose, but it's the best liquid ballast for FELs!!

We need more dealerships in Canada. :i_praying

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
Perfect timing since I'm finally going to be replacing the tubes in my tires and am planning on getting them filled back up with rimguard after I clean and paint the rims of course and find somewhere to dispose of the old calcium chloride

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
9K+ Poster
12,157 Posts
Welcome! I too sit on your product each day. :)

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Welcome to MTF Rim Guard and thank you for supporting our little slice of the Internet.

I haven't used your product myself but I've heard and read lots of good about it.

Again, thank you and welcome.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Welcome, I have two sets of tru-powers full of rim guard

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Welcome from a Canuck :OHCAN and glad to have a product available that won't eat my rims.:00000033:
Thanks Guys from Rim Guard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad to hear it, when you get ready to fill your tires give us a call at 866-792-3700 and we can direct you to your nearest dealer.

Bob at Rim Guard

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Bob, I have your product in my tires and the question is.... is it beet juice or not.lol
My dealer (classic tire in Barclay Md.) seems to think its a by product of molasses but i know most on here call it beet juice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I emailed Rim Guard this morning for local dealers.

Tricia answered me back in less than an hour and asked how I heard of them.

I said their product was highly recommended here.
I also thanked them for being a site sponsor.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Now that Rim Guard is a site supporter, maybe they can hook us guys up with options to buy Rim Guard by the gallon. We were just having a disscussion in another thread about the dealer flat "Installation Fee" some charge no matter how many gallons are put in. They want to charge $100 to put 12 gallons of Rim Guard in lawn tractor tires, and the same $100 to fill much larger tires. The install fee being twice what the cost of the Rim Guard is puts potential buyers off from buying the product. not many people want to pay $46.20 for 12 gallons of Rim Guard and then pay $100 to have it put in. If there was a way for people to buy the product by the gallon directly from Rim Guard, that would be a very welcome thing. As it is now, you are at the whim of the local dealer rather or not they will sell it to you by the gallon as a DIY project.

Just a thought.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Yes the install fee has me stopped until I find a dealer that will sell it by the gallon and I put it in.
Side note, Rimguard with a Slime type product so if we get a puncture it will not all leak out!:fing32:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I read the dealer specs. A dealer has a couple few bucks invested in the tankage, etc.
And they carry a product to make a profit.

That said, I do feel the fill fee impacts sales.

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
You guys might want to shop around for a different supplier.

My local JD Dealer filled the tires on my Bolens HDT1000 for $3.20/Gal. installed.

On 6/19/13, they filled 2 26-11-12 tires and 2 18-8.50-8 tires and billed me for 24 Gal. I'm pretty sure that the tires took more than that, but that's what they said.

Total cost with state taxes was 81.60.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
It would appear Rim Guard just has normal growing pains setting up their dealer network. Word of the good ones will circulate quickly and they will flourish. The ones overcharging will catch on over time. Frequently big dealerships have so much overhead that minimum charges are necessary just to keep the doors open. Bigger isn't always better, my local one man lawn mower shop under prices the big chains on most things.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
I just had 28 gallons put in the tires on my Bolens 1502. Total cost with tax was $171.28. We only have one dealer close by who has Rim Guard so I was stuck paying his price.
I did learn that with no weight on the drive wheels it was hard to plow.
Dave

1 - 20 of 35 Posts