My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I figure I wuld start this thred to say Hi, and to give a place for all you Case/Ingersoll guys to jump in, and interduce yourself, and tell us a little about you tractors.

My names Paul. I have two Ingersoll's. A 1983 224, and a 1987 444. As for attachments, I have the hydrosplit log splitter, the hydrobagger, and a tiller.

What do you all have?

·
Rustyj
260 Posts
Case-Ingersol tractor.

My son bought a house 20 miles away from me(Just far enough!), and with the house, he got a Case-Ingersol tractor, free. The former owner's son had tried to install a new drive belt, but got stuck half-way thru the job, and pushed it into the corner of the garage! And left all of the parts in a box on the seat!
so, my son, being too busy to work on it, dumped it in my lap!
Now, i had never even seen a Case tractor, except the farm tractors. And, of course, no booklet came with it!
Well, i jacked it up, put jack stands under it, laid down on a cardboard creeper, and studied the underside, looking for the places where the paint wasn't! The local case dealer got me the main drive belt and the mower deck belt, so, after much trial and error, i finally got it all back together, running, and mowing! (Why look for where the paint wasn't? Thats where the little brackets and plates were to be put back on!
That tractor was very well made! I can't understand why they quit making and selling them!
by: Rusty Jones

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there are still new tractors out there. Ingersoll just filed chapter 11 a few months ago, but there is still stock I was told. Word is that another company is looking to by the brand. Let hope!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello all,
My name is Bob and I have a 75 644 compact loader, tiller, 48in mower deck and j31 log splitter.

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: Bob gald you found us. Did you ever find the extra set of wheels you were looking for?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks guys, It's nice to have the forum back and be back. Have missed all the great info and knowledge and just the people. :fing32:

No Jody haven't found any yet thanks for asking. I think that I may be getting rid of the old girl to get something bigger. Just need more power and a 540 pto would be nice. But that is somewhere in the future as I may be moing once again. But that's another story. Plus since the other forum went under I have sold my fairlane and am in the process of selling my Harley too :banghead3 . Things haven't been going as planned but when do they ever.

Again it's great to have all this back.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
case644 said:
Thanks guys, It's nice to have the forum back and be back. Have missed all the great info and knowledge and just the people. :fing32:

No Jody haven't found any yet thanks for asking. I think that I may be getting rid of the old girl to get something bigger. Just need more power and a 540 pto would be nice. But that is somewhere in the future as I may be moing once again. But that's another story. Plus since the other forum went under I have sold my fairlane and am in the process of selling my Harley too :banghead3 . Things haven't been going as planned but when do they ever.

Again it's great to have all this back.

Bob
Ya for an only tractor, the 540pto and a true cat I 3ph comes in handy. Sorry to hear that you have to dump all those toys. If you do decide to sell the old girl, drop me a PM. always on the lookout for a loader tractor.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Rusty Jones said:
My son bought a house 20 miles away from me(Just far enough!), and with the house, he got a Case-Ingersol tractor, free. The former owner's son had tried to install a new drive belt, but got stuck half-way thru the job, and pushed it into the corner of the garage! And left all of the parts in a box on the seat!
so, my son, being too busy to work on it, dumped it in my lap!
Now, i had never even seen a Case tractor, except the farm tractors. And, of course, no booklet came with it!
Well, i jacked it up, put jack stands under it, laid down on a cardboard creeper, and studied the underside, looking for the places where the paint wasn't! The local case dealer got me the main drive belt and the mower deck belt, so, after much trial and error, i finally got it all back together, running, and mowing! (Why look for where the paint wasn't? Thats where the little brackets and plates were to be put back on!
That tractor was very well made! I can't understand why they quit making and selling them!
by: Rusty Jones

As good as they were built Rusty. i think the market will still only price them so high and that is where i think the problem was. On some of their Kohler powered tractors, for not much more money you could get a diesel powered cut. Great tractor at to high of a price to succeed in my book.

Durwood

·
Registered
308 Posts
Last fall I made a deal with the wife, go shopping and THEN stop at the Ingersoll dealer. We got there and in my juvenile excited state I locked the keys in the Jeep (on purpose??)... Well, while we waited for the tow truck/car thief expert to show up I had a good look at all of the Ingersolls. What a tank. Reminded me of a mini version of the farm tractors that I drove as a kid. No frills but really solid.

High priced, but what really suprised me was the dealer. Left them sitting with cobwebs everywhere. Did not bother me but really turned Cathy off.

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fouracres said:
Last fall I made a deal with the wife, go shopping and THEN stop at the Ingersoll dealer. We got there and in my juvenile excited state I locked the keys in the Jeep (on purpose??)... Well, while we waited for the tow truck/car thief expert to show up I had a good look at all of the Ingersolls. What a tank. Reminded me of a mini version of the farm tractors that I drove as a kid. No frills but really solid.

High priced, but what really suprised me was the dealer. Left them sitting with cobwebs everywhere. Did not bother me but really turned Cathy off.
Well I am lucky in that my wife like a tractor to look like a tractor. When we were shopping for our first, she had said she did not one that looked like a jelly bean.

As for the price, there were a lot of deals out there. You goud get a 4016 with a deck for around 5 grand. And if you look at the hardwere on that tractor, all HD stuff, that was a HECK of a deal. I STILL feel there down fall was that they just did not get there name out there. When was the last time you saw an Ingersoll add??? my guess is probably never. Well I hope whoever buys the company can make good on that, and let people know they are out there.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
she had said she did not want one that looked like a jelly bean.
That's the problem with modern day cars.
They're all uglier than a mud fence.

I will have to agree with her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey folks, I'm the newbie here. Consider myself lucky to have found this page. Seems I'm allways looking for info on the old Case.
I have an 81 model 446 with a tiller and deck. Also had a snowblower
at one time but since I moved from Wisconsin to North Carolina I sold it.
My question now is how do the log splitters work out with this tractor.
Also where can I find one and about how much do you think it should cost.
Anything you could tell me would be a great help.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome1: Joe glad you found us. Paul can tell you all about the log splitter when he gets on.

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joe C said:
Hey folks, I'm the newbie here. Consider myself lucky to have found this page. Seems I'm allways looking for info on the old Case.
I have an 81 model 446 with a tiller and deck. Also had a snowblower
at one time but since I moved from Wisconsin to North Carolina I sold it.
My question now is how do the log splitters work out with this tractor.
Also where can I find one and about how much do you think it should cost.
Anything you could tell me would be a great help.
Welcome to MTF!!!! Gald to have another Case/Ingersoll guy here.

The splitters are AWSOME!!!!! The one I have is a dubble acting one. Splits on bolth the in, and out strokes. the only down sides it has is you cant fit a real long log in it. Not a problem for normal fireplace wood, but if you burn long stuff, it will be tough, and two its heavy. It mounts to the back of the tractor, and with it on you need a LOT of weight up front!!!!! Other then that I love it. Another member on board has one also. Case644 and one also, but I belive his is not dubble acting. May allow longer wood though.

As for finding one??? Well that could be tough. the do turn up on ebay once in a wile, but there is not a ton out there. Keep looking, and search your local dealer if you have one. As for price??? Well hard to say also. I got a tractor/splitter combo [83 224] for $850 from my dealer. Ran, but needed work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
Welcome to MTF!!!! Gald to have another Case/Ingersoll guy here.

The splitters are AWSOME!!!!! The one I have is a dubble acting one. Splits on bolth the in, and out strokes. the only down sides it has is you cant fit a real long log in it. Not a problem for normal fireplace wood, but if you burn long stuff, it will be tough, and two its heavy. It mounts to the back of the tractor, and with it on you need a LOT of weight up front!!!!! Other then that I love it. Another member on board has one also. Case644 and one also, but I belive his is not dubble acting. May allow longer wood though.

As for finding one??? Well that could be tough. the do turn up on ebay once in a wile, but there is not a ton out there. Keep looking, and search your local dealer if you have one. As for price??? Well hard to say also. I got a tractor/splitter combo [83 224] for $850 from my dealer. Ran, but needed work.

Welcome Joe C.
I second Paul's statement. The splitters work fantastic. As Paul stated I have the single action model. Will split up to 26 or 28", if I remember correctly. And I have yet to run into anything it wouldn't split. Even the single acting one I have weighs a ton but with the loader it's not as big an issue as it is would with a 200 or 400.

As Paul said finding one will be the challenge. You could probaly build one if you wanted to, single action of course, and any info I could provide -please feel free to let me know.

Bob

·
Registered
263 Posts
:bannana: glad i found this site. i have a ingersoll 4020 .when people ask what it is i tell them they say a what .i worked for a farm equipment dealer and run across it. he started to sell them but didnt do much with them.i use it like a big tractor in garden with a plow disk cultivator

·
Citizen of Earth
15,420 Posts
You guys looking for new attachments might want to contact www.mayberrys.com and see what they have in stock. He has been a Case/Ingersol dealer for MANY years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jody, please let me know about the splitter as I'm blessed with 4 downed trees in
my yard. I'm still whittling on them with the old Husky but I know I won't be
wanting to split it all by hand. Besides, Case accesories fascinate me.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts