My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Been working long hours and haven't had much free time. Well I figured I'd post a few pics of my weekend deal! Well I was mowing lawns with my grampa yesterday, We were mowing our biggest lawn that takes about 3 hours to mow. I was using my 18/6 and my grampa was using his gravely z turn when this guy happend to be driving by and asked about my 18/6. He asked me if I wanted another just like it, I said ya if the price is right. Well after we finished mowing I followed him to his house. And out in a little shed sat this pristine '76 Roper 16T! with a 48'' deck! Needless to say I was excited and I tried to keep my cool when I asked him what it would cost to bring it home. He said $100 and you can have her! I couldn't believe it. He said it runs super but the solenoid quite last summer and he parked it. He bought a brand new Cub Cadet. So yeah it was a good day! Let me know what you guys think! - Brad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
^ You took the words out of my mouth!

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
It would be much closer for him to drop it off at my house.

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
That's very nice of you to offer storage until I can pick it up, but I really don't want to impose on anyone (except Brad). I think it would be better if he just dropped it off here, that way It's not in your way. Thanks anyway for the very generous offer.:sidelaugh

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Hey, as long as somebody is keeping these real GTs in service, I'm happy. Everybody gets lucky once in a while.

(now if you PM me I will give you "my" shipping address):crybaby:

You were helping your Grandpa and somebody took notice. Maybe Lady Luck or maybe just the guy driving by. It was a good day all the same.:bananapow

Later:
I had a second look at your equipment list and it seems you have had a lot of good days. Must be doing something right.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Dang Brad, quit hogging all the good deals! We want some too.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Congrats and GREAT score!!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
There are supposed to be two groups of people who are 'lucky'. I forget them, but you must belong to one of them...
Stop thief!

tom

·
15,000 +posts!
20,712 Posts
What do I think?--I think if I had your luck,I'd be buying a powerball ticket...!..

That thing looks pretty nice,minty almost...someone kept it garaged and cared well for it evidently...I'd rather see someone like Brad own it,than have some scrapper cash it in for 30 -50 bucks cash and see it get crushed,I have seen a few tractors as nice as this one get scrapped beleive it or not...and thought what a frigging waste!..

I bought a Suburban 12 from a guy 2 summers ago nearby,who also had an identical Roper to yours only it was that mustard colored yellow...he said he inherited both Sears from his late father who lived in Maine,and he didn't need both,so he swapped a few parts like the better seat,etc,onto the roper,and sold me the 12 at a very low price,and I like it --so far its the one in the best shape and I've used it to mow now 4 or 5 times,and it has not given any grief yet...I did want to make him an offer on the Roper,but he said "I'm NOT selling this one,for sentimental reasons...plus I like BIG engines!...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think you got burnt on that deal Sir....:sidelaugh

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You Sir, SUCK!
Lol Dave! I knew I was going to get it good from you guys! But it was just my lucky day! That Roper was just begging me to bring her home!

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it's grossly unfair that you got a deal like that, & the only way to rectify the situation would be to deliver it here & I'll reimburse you the $100.
Lol You guys are so funny! Very tempting indeed, But This 16T will look beautifully next to my RT/13 and 20T!

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, as long as somebody is keeping these real GTs in service, I'm happy. Everybody gets lucky once in a while.

(now if you PM me I will give you "my" shipping address):crybaby:

You were helping your Grandpa and somebody took notice. Maybe Lady Luck or maybe just the guy driving by. It was a good day all the same.:bananapow

Later:
I had a second look at your equipment list and it seems you have had a lot of good days. Must be doing something right.
Thanks Larry! My grampa was just shaking his head laughing. But I have a soft spot for these old Roper and Sears tractors. Back when I was a little kid we'd all get in in the suburban and go to Sears & Roebuck. We got everything there, appliances, tools, clothes, you name it. I think thats why sears tractors are special to me.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do I think?--I think if I had your luck,I'd be buying a powerball ticket...!..

That thing looks pretty nice,minty almost...someone kept it garaged and cared well for it evidently...I'd rather see someone like Brad own it,than have some scrapper cash it in for 30 -50 bucks cash and see it get crushed,I have seen a few tractors as nice as this one get scrapped beleive it or not...and thought what a frigging waste!..

I bought a Suburban 12 from a guy 2 summers ago nearby,who also had an identical Roper to yours only it was that mustard colored yellow...he said he inherited both Sears from his late father who lived in Maine,and he didn't need both,so he swapped a few parts like the better seat,etc,onto the roper,and sold me the 12 at a very low price,and I like it --so far its the one in the best shape and I've used it to mow now 4 or 5 times,and it has not given any grief yet...I did want to make him an offer on the Roper,but he said "I'm NOT selling this one,for sentimental reasons...plus I like BIG engines!...
Lol! I've been told before to buy a lottery ticket. I try to save as many as possible from being scrapped. Once these classics are gone, there gone forever. I run these old tractors to show there plenty capable of out working anything made today. Yeah my grampas zero turn is nice with that big Kawa-junkie v-twin on it, but I won't last as long as my 18/6 or any of my others. Plus nothing beats the sweet sound of an onan twin.

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
You Sir, SUCK!

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

LOL! You got a great deal Brad! Nice tractor!

:drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts