1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Wile E. Coyote
626 Posts
Husband: But Honey, I can't trim around your flowerbeds, the trimmer is broke.

Wife: I know that's why I got you a new one. Now get to work!!

Husband: Honey? The damndest thing just happened.

That's how the fight started.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I have wanted to do that to mine a few times! I will never buy another Weedeater Brand. I will try a Echo or Stil next time!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
lol thats why my signature says 2 weedeaters AKA "El Crapos"

want to buy an echo stil or husqvarna

·
Registered
268 Posts
My dad has a WeedEater trimmer,blower and hedge trimmers and if they made a chainsaw he'd buy that too cuz he thinks they are the best, so he settled for next best chainsaw,a Craftsman.
They crank for him and he likes them,that's all that matters I guess.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found that pic on Ebay while looking for 2 cycle parts. I have used Poulan and Weed Eater machines all my life and they've given me excellent service. My Poulan 2400 brushcutter is on its tenth season and it starts and runs like new. My 2050 saw is on its 14th season and runs great. As long as most people hate them I'll be able to buy nearly new machines that won't start for cheap!!:trink39:

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
The older WeedEater, Poulan and Craftsman brands were o.k., but still far from pro quality. They'd last longer than today's junk. Not trying to diss your brand, but have seen and worked on far too many of these newer models that are not even worth the initial price paid off the shelf! Take that money, then double it for a quality unit that will surely last 20 plus years with home/landowner use. These units are basically made to break after 3-4 years of service. Then when the owner takes it to a shop, they're at the total price paid when new after only 1 hrs service rate, not including parts, or few if any.

·
Old Stonebreaker
3,398 Posts
I still love my old Homelite. It must be at least 15 yrs old and I rescued it from the dump due to a plugged spark arrestor. Just found it's twin at a yard sale for $10 and it runs very well also. With any luck the two will outlast me.
Mike

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Echoman, for the average consumer I agree with you totally. I take really good care of my machines, which is a must to get these cheapos to be reliable. Also, I was a mechanic in my first career and do all my own repairs.

Poulan has made quite a few machines that even I would say are junk. The Featherlite bent shaft weedeaters are just too darn flimsy to last long even if you don't abuse them (the straight shaft Featherlites are decent light duty units). Some of their recent brushcutters have an eerie resemblance to Ryobi.:eck16: The no-tools chain tensioner on many of their saws is absolutely sorry. Is it really that difficult to use the supplied scrench to do the job?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts