My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so!

I'm getting rid of my simplicity lawn and garden tractor that I brought back from the dead about five to eight years ago and ( for me ) upgrading to a electric start Weed eater lawn mower rear engine.

it's the first new lawn mower/ tractor that I have had since we moved into this house 19 years ago.

so any thoughts on this make and model?

so far I don't like some of the safety controls on it, but what can you do these days of sueing everyone for everything.

I'll have to snap a few picks.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Did you get the new "Weed Eater One"? I have seen them for sale locally, they seem pretty nice although not the most rugged machine out there. They remind me alot of the really little riding mowers of the 60's and 70's. I really like the super simple design of this little machine, it flies in the face of the current trend towards ever more giant, complex riding mowers. Keep us updated on how it does.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it is the weed eater one. didn't really know that was it's full name.

and that is what I was looking for something small compact and could fit through a gate in the fence.

I don't have a lot of grass to cut, I just don't want to be pushing a mower to do it! LOL

yes! I will gets some up close pictures of it and get them up, and let everyone know how it works.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got the chance to take a few pictures today of the new mower.

it is as close as you can get to a rear wheel drive/ front wheel steer zero turn machine as I've seen.
you can almost make a right or left hand turn on a dime.:fing32:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've seen these mowers at HomeDepot..thought they were pretty neat little mowers. I like the idea of having both electric and pull start. How does it cut? And that 8.75 ftlb engine..what is that the equivalent of in HP? 8 maybe?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Iv also seen these mowers around, reminds me of the old snappers. Can you fill me in on how the tranny works, ( gear, vari drive, disc, etc) iv been wondering how the drivetrain works, seems to be a sweet little mower.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has a transaxle in it that seems to be chain drive by the looks of it in the manual.
I'll have to look at it closely and maybe get pictures of this if I can.

the engine size I'll have to look at too because the manual only tells you that three motors are offered.
non California
California
Canada

so I'll look at the stats on the motor closer to see what it really says.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice small mowers, only drawback I see is the narrow rear tires my nabor has trouble on small grades with tire spin. he really likes his.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Thay has a push mower engine on it!! My grandpa's new troybilt has a 6.75 on it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's got a 190 CC engine on it. I guess everything is going metric so they don't give the HP rating on them anymore.

·
Subsurface dweller
194 Posts
Congrats on your mower and hope you success! :fing32:
People out there and magazine reviews were poking all sorts of fun at this mower. While the naysayers scoff at the WeedEater One and laughingly remark "who would buy one of these?"...Well, what goes around comes around.

It is not very far from a Huffy of mid -60's era, in fact, it appears "more" mower than this Huffy of some 45 years ago...

That's a yardstick (not meterstick!) lying there for an idea of size!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and that's what it is all about!

I'm not pushing no mower around! and this little baby gives me every thing I need to cut my grass.
and it really takes half the time to do it now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it turns a little sharp for me. if you flip the wheel fast enough I bet it would want to roll over.

I was reading up on a bagging system for it which is under $200.00 for a complete kit. it is something that I want to get.

it doesn't do a bad job cutting the grass. even though I think the blade is dull. brand new and the blade is not sharp ! LOL

and I'm not real fond of the reverse switch thing that it has. if you want to back up while the blade is moving, you must turn the key switch into a special setting. it just seems like a waste of time.

but for some people who would run over stuff and blame it on the mower. it might ba a law suite saver! LOL

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
From what little I could see on a display mower,it looks like the chain is exposed,you might think about getting some motorcycle chain spray and treating it once in a while. remember the original Snapper Comet was only 5 HP.

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
i saw they where selling something made by weed eater that looks just like yours at wallmart for $607,00 last summer , looks nice:thThumbsU

1 - 17 of 17 Posts