1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this service??

http://www.uship.com/heavyequipment/

Any feed back on this service provider?

Thinking about buying a tractor with 7 implements and was thinking it would be more economical to have them deliver it. Since I'm not home it would also be a lot less stress on my wife and friends!!:thThumbsU

SD:trink39:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
No I have never used them but I can tell you that if a tractor and seven implements showed up at my house...it would cause even more stress on my wife and eventually me also :) and my friends as I would probably have to move in with them..

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I have never used them but I can tell you that if a tractor and seven implements showed up at my house...it would cause even more stress on my wife and eventually me also :) and my friends as I would probably have to move in with them..
Have to agree with you on that! Everyone is happier when the wifey is stress free!:thThumbsU

I explained to the wife that I could buy the 9N tractor and 7 implements for much less than buying each implement (used price) separately. The tractor would cost less than $900.00 using the seller's asking price, I most likely can talk him down a few more hundred. Then I could turn around and sell the tractor again and make some $ back!:thThumbsU

Wife said buy it and she would get it down to the house but the tractor is 4 hrs away from the house and that's a lot of stuff for her to trailer home.

Decisions....decisions!:banghead3

SD:trink39:

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
When time is not of the essence, it is a great way to ship for LTL ( Less Than Load) cargo. A buddy of mine ships a lot of stuff using their services, and I used to use it quite a bit myself.

Might be a bump up in price for streetside drop, but oh well, if it keeps the peace at home, it's all good.

Good luck.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I've used it, and checked all those that gave me bids, with the feedback from other users. Turns out that the ones wanting to do it real cheap were the ones with bad feedbacks.

I found someone and it turned out well after calling him, he even lowered his price, after talking to him.

After reading his reviews and goggling his company name, I had no problem giving him 50% up front to haul a 37' 5 TH wheel trailer for me.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Just do google search or BBB for the company, and see if they have good feedback.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've had good experience the one time I used them to haul an ATV from AR to WA. Price was right. Delivered a couple of days late because the driver had a breakdown en route. Fortunately I wasn't in a big rush to get it anyway.

Regards,

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thanku: To all that posted, I appreciate your opinions and comments!

I just wanted to know if anyone had used the service and how it turned out. Yesterday was the first I ever heard of the site.

I've found with any bidding situation that the lowest bidder is most likely just getting started in the business and isn't prepared for the job! The highest bidder is to busy and will do it if you pay his top price. The middle bidder is most times the guy you want an will do a good job! As always BUYER BEWARE! Do your RESEARCH on all bidders before you agree to anything!

Thanks again to all for replying to my post! :thThumbsU

SD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts