My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking into these two gas grills. There is a slight size diffierence. The E210 has 350 sq in cooking surface 458 total cooking area with warming rack and two burners for $399. The E310 comes in at 424/536 with 3 burners for $499. Other than that, they are identical.

Most of the cooking is done for my wife and I and our two girls, who don't eat much.Given that my current Char-Broil Commercial series is huge, and just two big for every day use for a small family. Will I notice any performance issues between a 2 burner and three burner grill. I am torn on this one. I know I wanted to go a bit smaller, but I'm wondering if the E210 is just too small. I will have to see if you can fit a beer can chicken cooker or a rotisserie in there.

Oh, another thing I found odd. The E210 at Home Depot had nice heavy cast iron grates. The one at Lowes had the cheap porcelain coated steel ones that wouldn't stay in place. Did Weber change these?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I work for Lowes, the one you saw at Home Depot was probably an older model. All of our Webers have the porcelain. Awesome grills though, you wont be dissapointed with a Weber.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,560 Posts
For your intended use the 2 burner should be more than adequate. The only drawback is that it will take slightly longer to preheat and you can't do indirect cooking of roasts by shutting off the center burner. Weber has been making nearly the same gas grills for many years. This makes parts location and replacement fairly simple. I have both of them at different locations and wouldn't switch to any other brand. :goodl:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work for Lowes, the one you saw at Home Depot was probably an older model. All of our Webers have the porcelain. Awesome grills though, you wont be dissapointed with a Weber.
Was this for both the 210 and 310? If so that is unfortunate. The thin and lightweight porcelain ones seem useless. I may call them to find out if they can be upgraded.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,560 Posts
Weber sells stainless steel replacement grates to fit their 2 burner models for $55 on their website and you can usually find them cheaper at HD or Lowes. I just upgraded mine. They are much nicer and easier to clean than either porcelain or cast iron. :smilie_fl

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I called Weber and this what they told me....
Lowes models get porcelain coated steel
Home Depot models get cast iron
Ace and True Value get stainless steel

That is pretty interesting since they all seem to sell them at the same price point but I would value them differently with these options. My preference is the cast iron si I can season them and grill with a little more flavor.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I went and picked up the E310. I am very happy with it. Much better than the Char-Broil Commercial Series that it replaced.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Weber makes very decent grills .. I am on my 2nd one in 15 years .. before that .. it was a cheapie every 2 - 3 years

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
i like the 3 burner grills, you can do 'indirect' cooking w/them... for slow cooking or rotisserie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts