My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a go WYSIWYG web page editer? I used to be able to do ok with the tools in word 97. Now that I have computers with windows vista and windows 7 I can't use word 97 anymore and I really don't like word 2010 much.

Jon

·
Registered
52 Posts
What type of site are you trying to create? And where? A lot of the web host sites have one for free you can use.
I did a quick search for "free web page editor" and came up with quite a few.
Looking at a couple of them www.pagebreeze.com looked good.

I use a CMS system (joomla mostly), Dreamweaver or Microsoft Expression.

Were in CT are you?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in New Hartford. I just have some basic pages... nothing fancy. My host is hostway. I don't think they have any software. I have been able to edit a few of the pages with word 2010 but it's not easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in Haddam! It should be easy in Word 2010? Just type what you want, drop in pictures etc. and then do a Save As HTML. It's not the cleanest HTML code but it works.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it should work for what I want to do. only think is my beta version of 2010 will probably stop working pretty soon. I hate spending money... I will probably end up buying it though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i strongly recommend notepad++ although it is not a see as you go type editor but it is free. If you are looking ofr web content software then Joomla is the way to go. Simply upload articles as you need to. What are your requirements for a website? Under no circumstances should the program Word of any vintage be used...it adds unseen code which can royally mess things up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts