My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,041 Posts
Hey, I'm hoping you aren't getting any water damage to that roof, I've seen folks here start roof projects and seems mother nature just like messing with them at those times!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Too late for that! Had to get a pan out during the deluge for a drip over near the front door. 10 day forecast appears rain free, so they should have the days to get the roof done.

·
Super Moderator
31,041 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Hope it doesn't slow you down too much. I plan on re-roofing my place next year after I have the chimney replaced due to cracks in the flu. Hoping I have as dry a summer as this year while that is happening.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Sustained winds are the strength of hurricanes, not the wind gusts. At 5:00 AM, Laura was at 110 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 130 mph. That is just at the borderline of Cat 2 & Cat 3. It is expected to reach Cat 4 just before landfall somewhere on the Texas-Louisiana border around 1:00 AM Thursday morning.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
And so the race is on to see if my roofers can finish up before the bands of rain from Sally come near. The eye is going to be roughly 120 miles to the south as it moves west. They are predicting 4-6 inches of rain by the time Sally passes.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,144 Posts
42 deg. F this morning.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
They get your roof done Flaken?
Nope!!! It's about 2/3 done. No leaking though even with the inch or so of rain we've gotten. The synthetic felt underlayment covers what the metal doesn't and the rain just slides off.

Rather funny, but all eyes are on Sally as it approaches the Louisiana & Mississippi coastlines. But it is expected to turn due north for a little then turn east. We are likely to be the same distance away as Sally heads east as it did when it went west, about 100 miles.

Quite a cool morning, very cloudy with a half inch of rain, so far. and a warm 78°.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Flaken, when is your johnny bucket and attachments arrive?
Heh, heh, heh! If I don't get flooded out from Sally, perhaps sometime next week. I emailed them yesterday and got a reply earlier today. They said they are waiting on some parts and should ship in a couple of days.
We've gotten just over an inch of rain today that likely is smoothing out the ruts from the contractors taking the back way into my property. It's the easiest way for trucks & trailers to access the front of the house with those long things. Now they are predicting over 5 to as much as 15 inches of rain by the time Sally leaves the area sometime Thursday.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Wow, good luck with all the rain! I hope the roof does ok.

Hopefully the bucket arrives soon.

If you were willing to make a thread with some info, even like about how it attaches, and what the brackets look like, I would appreciate it. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see it put to use, and what it can do.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Wow, good luck with all the rain! I hope the roof does ok.

Hopefully the bucket arrives soon.

If you were willing to make a thread with some info, even like about how it attaches, and what the brackets look like, I would appreciate it. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see it put to use, and what it can do.
Yeah, I've somewhat noticed that there is very little info here and elsewhere concerning the Johnny Products. For those that don't have the expensive hydraulics, it is a great idea. I can document what I do with pictures and narrative, don't have any of them fancy video thingys.

Just been sitting here listening to the rain and watching the little puddles in the yard get bigger and bigger. It will be interesting to see how much the creek that forms the SE edge of my property rises. Two days ago, it was almost bone dry. I put in height markers this year though I can only see when it gets above five feet deep from the house. It has to pass 7 feet before it overflows the bank and the house sits up about another 7 feet from that and 300 feet away.

101 - 120 of 154 Posts