My Tractor Forum banner

Weather Talk

101055 Views 5113 Replies 76 Participants Last post by  Ariens93GT20
Like someone mentioned we haven't had any significant snowfalls this year. And its after the holidays. Today, I just read all the gulf states may experience spring 20 days earlier this year. Where I'm at in MD., its 15 to 20 degrees warmer this year than normal temperatures so there's definitely a climate change. I see rhododendrons butting. I remember 50 years ago, we had snow on the ground for 2 months. Not any more. Maybe that's why the forum activity seems slow. No more blizzards.
4921 - 4940 of 5114 Posts
The snow ended here, we may have gotten 2-3 inches, but that's about it. Probably not enough to bother with the blower, even at the EOD.

Mike
Tim that was from 2 years ago...I was just showing Renster the M-F in action...we got nothing 👍
I see where southern Arizona got a light dusting last night. That must have been quiet a display this morning. All the locals bewildered buy just enough to dust the ground. I can already see the traffic jambs.
So, you are anxiously awaiting February then?
Tim that was from 2 years ago...I was just showing Renster the M-F in action...we got nothing 👍
The rest of us will be. As long as the snow goes east he can snow dance all he wants.
So, you are anxiously awaiting February then?
High of 50 today and sunny.
Yeah, no complaints.

But that “high of 50” is really only for an hour or two in early-mid-afternoon. It certainly felt pretty darn chilly when out walking the dog earlier this morning. 👍
High of 50 today and sunny.
EAST??? Whoa....

Mike
The rest of us will be. As long as the snow goes east he can snow dance all he wants.
Well, our usual weather is back... It was cold in Dec, warmed up in Jan (most of the month was just below or around freezing, fortunately, no rain), but back to a high of around -20C for at least a couple weeks starting Thursday...
Early dismissals are going up around here. The kids will be home from school several hours before any flakes fly.

The good news is, after tomorrow, the rest of the month looks dry.

The bad news is, TWC must be watching @PA318Guy's dancing threats here. Starting on Feb 2, the temps are going below freezing and staying there for at least a week, with moisture in that pattern...

Mike
Well it looks like we got some white stuff here in northern Illinois. Looks like maybe 1.5 inches so far, and its supposed to snow pretty much all day. I guess that means I'll finally have some work.:)
I haven't gotten the snow dance shoes out of the box yet and still the power in them is beginning to affect the long range predictions:

Font Rectangle Paper Soil Publication
Early dismissals are going up around here. The kids will be home from school several hours before any flakes fly.

The good news is, after tomorrow, the rest of the month looks dry.

The bad news is, TWC must be watching @PA318Guy's dancing threats here. Starting on Feb 2, the temps are going below freezing and staying there for at least a week, with moisture in that pattern...

Mike
I am going to contact your son and pay him to hide them on you
The 3 - 5 inches predicted for several days turned into 1 - 3 now and we've only gotten about .5" so far and no snow is falling currently. The even cancelled the school delays that were announced yesterday, I've never seen them do that before. That has been the nature of storms this year, a lot of wind and not much in the way of snow.
Reactions: mikeinri
Just about exactly the same here, central thumb of Mich. Yesterday after noon, NWS predicted snow of 3" starting last evening, all day today until 8pm, then another 2" this (Wednesday) evening. As of 8am, barely snowing, and only just enough to dust the lawn and drive. How many businesses can be so wrong, so much of the time and remain in business? Guess the NWS is exempt from performance statistics or wouldn't dare publish them if they track them.
The 3 - 5 inches predicted for several days turned into 1 - 3 now and we've only gotten about .5" so far and no snow is falling currently. The even cancelled the school delays that were announced yesterday, I've never seen them do that before. That has been the nature of storms this year, a lot of wind and not much in the way of snow.
Reactions: PA318Guy
The power king with a 54" blade works awesome.
Snow did pick up for a while again, I went out and cleared it as it is supposed to rain later.
Reactions: UrbanTractor
We got about an inch of wet stuff this morning. I sent the rest east.
  • Angry
Reactions: mikeinri
4921 - 4940 of 5114 Posts