My Tractor Forum banner

Weather Talk

101050 Views 5113 Replies 76 Participants Last post by  Ariens93GT20
Like someone mentioned we haven't had any significant snowfalls this year. And its after the holidays. Today, I just read all the gulf states may experience spring 20 days earlier this year. Where I'm at in MD., its 15 to 20 degrees warmer this year than normal temperatures so there's definitely a climate change. I see rhododendrons butting. I remember 50 years ago, we had snow on the ground for 2 months. Not any more. Maybe that's why the forum activity seems slow. No more blizzards.
4901 - 4920 of 5114 Posts
How many inches was that snowfall?
Renstar, you need to post pictures because that's the only snow I will see. 😇
Low of 38°F and currently 41°F. Calling for a high of 42°F. Cloudy all day with a low chance of showers. Might get some cooler weather next week but doesn't look like much chance of snow. :(
Just back from the North Conway cam. Still a nice light snow. Wish I were up there. My cousin and his wife moved there (NC) and love it. We thought about it too, but I was nixed by my wife, who doesn't like the cold.., or snow. My, and my cousin's maternal great grandparents came down here from Bakersfield Vt. for better farming so it would be like going back to NE for me in a way.

Are you quoting the WC, or NOAA app, or some other fake weather resource again Don ...? :ROFLMAO:

As you know, we live in N.H, which I suppose is still considered "northern" New England - I'm not sure, as fake news and weather perpetually change demographic designations to suit their ... alarmist fear culture :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way folks, at our particular elevation (650+ feet) we got about 10 inches of snow overnight, followed immediately by 45 minutes of sleet, followed by more snow.
Myself and our neighbors went out this morning with our respective snow clearing machines and ... cleared what was out there at the time (alot of snow mixed with sleety crap) because - that's what we do here in "norther New England". I came in and took my shower, had a cup of coffee, then drove down the hill in the still snowy crappy weather to the Cumberland Farms to get a six pack for the afternoon. I survived the excursion back up the hill to type this and drink a beer while I watch the snow continue to fall and the wild turkeys dig around under the bird feeders.
I have to work tomorrow so, I suppose I'll have to get up an hour early to clear the snow that has been falling since I finished this morning, (it's snowing as I type this) and will continue to up until about 7pm or so tonight. We'll probably get at least 15 inches or more of precipitation total. (Good thing it occurred to me and my neighbors to do a "round one" with this storm. Otherwise, the cumulative IMPACT would have been the end of us all !!!)

That's what we do here in "northern New England", and what folks most everywhere that it snows anywhere have done for generations longer than today's Weather Impact Alarmists have been alive. :LOL:

We'll all be OK. 👍

Renster
Well now, I have been remiss... haven't I ;)

Here ya go;

I shoveled the back deck from Friday's storm but, I'm not doing this one. This is the point where I give up on that BS ;)
Those are Ollie's tracks where he leaped out not knowing how deep it was. Whadda Dope:ROFLMAO:
Snow Atmospheric phenomenon Freezing Window Tree
Snow Stairs Fence Atmospheric phenomenon Freezing

This is a view out the front picture window; toward the driveway and then, toward the feeders. Turkeys are diggin' fer gold ;)
Snow Atmospheric phenomenon Freezing Fence Tree
Snow Carnivore Freezing Slope Recreation

Ah-HA!
Plow guy came to the cul de sac while I was snappin' pics.
He's does a great job.
Jeezus. He just plowed us in again! :ROFLMAO:
Oh well, we'll bust out no doubt ... (y)
Vehicle Automotive tire Snow Tire Wheel

P.S. - You do of course know Don; that although you watch TWC, we northern New Englanders love ya anyway 🤝🙏🍻

Renster
Renstar, you need to post pictures because that's the only snow I will see. 😇
Yep.
North of the Lakes Region missed out on this front's snow belt.
I'm sure there are those few up there in northern Carrol County who appreciate the break but, the snow enthusiasts (skiers and snowmobilers) can't get enough, and are likely disappointed :(

No worries; they have a good snow base and no doubt more to come. (y)

Renster
Just back from the North Conway cam. Still a nice light snow. Wish I were up there. My cousin and his wife moved there (NC) and love it. We thought about it too, but I was nixed by my wife, who doesn't like the cold.., or snow. My, and my cousin's maternal great grandparents came down here from Bakerfield Vt. for better farming so it would be like going back to NE for me in a way.

Nice pictures. We haven't had any snow the last couple of years. But I remember back in 1961 in January it snowed 8 inches in DC and we had front row seats outside for President John Kennedy's inauguration and it was so cold I thought I got frost bite. I know it was below zero with the wind blowing. It had to be the coldest day I've experienced. I will never forget it.
Reactions: Renster of N.H.
Oh, I see a lot of people now with a plow. That is the way to go. Drive down the driveway once in 2 minutes and be done.
needs two shots, that's a 7 foot blade
Oh, I see a lot of people now with a plow. That is the way to go. Drive down the driveway once in 2 minutes and be done.
Average winter temps here this week.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue
6 inches so far, drives are plowed time to go out and blow the walks
8 Inches in January ?! 😲
Below zero wind chills ?!!! 😨
Well, despite that;
We still love yeh Don ... ;)

P.S.
Here's a snapshot of actual N.H. temps in February just a few years ago.
Purple Font News Violet Blazer

I'm not trying to one-up anyone.
Members in Montana, N. Dakota, Michigan, far northern Maine and points north can report much worse I'm sure.
I'm just trying to point out that weather as reported by today's urban weather click-bait, sensationalist, alarmists (TWC and pretty much every other corporate media outlet) is not necessarily a reflection or reality of actual weather taking place.

Renster
Nice pictures. We haven't had any snow the last couple of years. But I remember back in 1961 in January it snowed 8 inches in DC and we had front row seats outside for President John Kennedy's inauguration and it was so cold I thought I got frost bite. I know it was below zero with the wind blowing. It had to be the coldest day I've experienced. I will never forget it.
Reactions: tracktortag
Likely the same time we were here. It was also a few years ago. I would guess it was sometime around Christmas. :)

Coffee cup Drinkware Temperature Tableware Cup
Oh I enjoy the snow and we 've had our share of blizzards, but I prefer no snow. That's just me. Snow causes accidents, problems, and tragedies.
Reactions: charles g
true! when it's falling i don't want to be on the EMS squad duty crew ,
Reactions: mikeinri
It's been snowing pretty hard here since early this afternoon. But, it's been hovering around the freezing point, and there's only about an inch of accumulation at this point.

The forecasts for Wed-Thurs are still changing, and the temps are supposed to be borderline again, so I'm not paying much (any) attention to the hype. Besides, they're still hyping today's storm.

Mike
yes crazy talk for wed .after today what happens happens the machines are ready
wed day
33 degs,
Watching a potential winter storm. Periods of snow. High 33F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 100%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.
wed night
33 degs
Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers late. Low 33F. E winds shifting to WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
I'm in Florida, where it was sunny and 85 degrees today. Shorts and t-shirt weather. OK, I can sense you guys sharpening your darts. :LOL:
I can really understand the mindset of snowbirds. At home we got about 6" of snow. My neighbors took care of my driveway and sidewalk. I usually do theirs.
Looks like you got about 5" there Mark.
I saw the sun so it's still there. Was beginning to wonder. Maybe the only time this week.
4901 - 4920 of 5114 Posts