My Tractor Forum banner

Weather Talk

101055 Views 5113 Replies 76 Participants Last post by  Ariens93GT20
Like someone mentioned we haven't had any significant snowfalls this year. And its after the holidays. Today, I just read all the gulf states may experience spring 20 days earlier this year. Where I'm at in MD., its 15 to 20 degrees warmer this year than normal temperatures so there's definitely a climate change. I see rhododendrons butting. I remember 50 years ago, we had snow on the ground for 2 months. Not any more. Maybe that's why the forum activity seems slow. No more blizzards.
4881 - 4900 of 5114 Posts
Or a late start so the salt can work some. Everything is soft these days.
not enough to even change the color of the walks and driveway,
Reactions: ericforster
Cinder trucks used to run before the school buses and we seldom got snow days. We even road the snowmobiles to school a few times!
Hey Tim, Is this what you meant by "snowmobile"? :D

Horse Window Vertebrate Snow Building
Picked up a few inches last night. Might have to do some "clearing" when I get back from the Dr.'s office in a bit.
I remember my mother telling me that when she was young my grandfather had to hitch the horses to the sleigh and drive 3 miles to the train station in town during a snowstorm to pick up relatives because none of the roads including the main road had been plowed due to the heavy snowfall.
There were a few Skidoo everest around that were beasts like that.
How do you like this one?

View attachment 2580955
Reactions: MARK (LI)
Sometimes its better to be safe and close it down. They don't want any bad publicity.
I know, this surprised me too. They should have at least done a half day (pre-planned early dismissal).

Mike
Reactions: mikeinri
Accumulating snow is expected in an area that extends from northwest Texas and Oklahoma northeastward to the mid-Mississippi and Ohio valleys and southern Great Lakes. Snow totals in this corridor will be 1 to 5 inches. Localized totals of 5 to 8 inches are possible in locations that see the heaviest and most persistent snow.

Farther east, portions of upstate New York and northern New England are likely to pick up 6 inches or more of snowfall.
  • Haha
Reactions: Renster of N.H.
Ha, that's a new one! I'm already thinking smaller wheels under the footrests and tracks.
They are calling for about 1 inch here on Wednesday. Its been disappointing so far.
Accumulating snow is expected in an area that extends from northwest Texas and Oklahoma northeastward to the mid-Mississippi and Ohio valleys and southern Great Lakes. Snow totals in this corridor will be 1 to 5 inches. Localized totals of 5 to 8 inches are possible in locations that see the heaviest and most persistent snow.

Farther east, portions of upstate New York and northern New England are likely to pick up 6 inches or more of snowfall.
Are you quoting the WC, or NOAA app, or some other fake weather resource again Don ...? :ROFLMAO:

As you know, we live in N.H, which I suppose is still considered "northern" New England - I'm not sure, as fake news and weather perpetually change demographic designations to suit their ... alarmist fear culture :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way folks, at our particular elevation (650+ feet) we got about 10 inches of snow overnight, followed immediately by 45 minutes of sleet, followed by more snow.
Myself and our neighbors went out this morning with our respective snow clearing machines and ... cleared what was out there at the time (alot of snow mixed with sleety crap) because - that's what we do here in "norther New England". I came in and took my shower, had a cup of coffee, then drove down the hill in the still snowy crappy weather to the Cumberland Farms to get a six pack for the afternoon. I survived the excursion back up the hill to type this and drink a beer while I watch the snow continue to fall and the wild turkeys dig around under the bird feeders.
I have to work tomorrow so, I suppose I'll have to get up an hour early to clear the snow that has been falling since I finished this morning, (it's snowing as I type this) and will continue to up until about 7pm or so tonight. We'll probably get at least 15 inches or more of precipitation total. (Good thing it occurred to me and my neighbors to do a "round one" with this storm. Otherwise, the cumulative IMPACT would have been the end of us all !!!)

That's what we do here in "northern New England", and what folks most everywhere that it snows anywhere have done for generations longer than today's Weather Impact Alarmists have been alive. :LOL:

We'll all be OK. 👍

Renster

That was what the Weather Channel quoted which by the way they did mention Sundays snowfall so I guess they aren't fake. They also said Wednesday's and Thursday's snowfall maybe more inches with high winds on the interior and rain along the I-95 corridor.
Are you quoting the WC, or NOAA app, or some other fake weather resource again Don ...? :ROFLMAO:

As you know, we live in N.H, which I suppose is still considered "northern" New England - I'm not sure, as fake news and weather perpetually change demographic designations to suit their ... fear culture :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way folks, at our particular elevation (650+ feet) we got about 10 inches of snow overnight, followed immediately by 45 minutes of sleet, followed by more snow.
Myself and our neighbors went out this morning with our respective snow clearing machines and ... cleared what was out there at the time (alot of snow mixed with sleety crap) because - that's what we do here in "norther New England". I came in and took my shower, had a cup of coffee, then drove down the hill in the still snowy crappy weather to the Cumberland Farms to get a six pack for the afternoon. I survived the excursion back up the hill to type this and drink a beer while I watch the snow continue to fall and the wild turkeys dig around under the bird feeders.
I have to work tomorrow so, I suppose I'll have to get up an hour early to clear the snow that has been falling since I finished this morning, (it's snowing as I type this) and will continue to up until about 7pm or so tonight. We'll probably get at least 12 to 15 nches or more total. (Good thing it occurred to me and my neighbors to do a "round one" with this storm. Otherwise, the cumulative IMPACT would have been the end of us all !!!)

That's what we do here in "northern New England", and what folks most everywhere that it snows anywhere have done for generations longer than today's Weather Impact Alarmists have been alive. :LOL:

We'll all be OK. 👍

Renster
Hey Mark,

You and the wife are welcome to spend the winter here on the hill. :LOL:
Bring that Massey though; I could use the help :ROFLMAO:
Its 50 and sunny here.
Reactions: cjet69
4881 - 4900 of 5114 Posts