My Tractor Forum banner
2841 - 2860 of 3293 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
It got to the mid-90s here today at mid-day. The morning and late afternoon aren't too bad. Sleeping may be a different story.

·
Premium Member
14,873 Posts
Supposed to rain tomorrow, up to 1/2 inch.

Mike

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,528 Posts
It reached 88 here today, but I got a 12 mile bike ride done before 9:30 am. Supposed to be only 76 tomorrow. This is from a couple years ago.
Bicycle Water Sky Cloud Tire

·
Super Moderator
12,672 Posts
After the heat blast it's cooling off for a few days(high of 81F tomorrow) before ramping back into the mid-90s. I'll take it.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,846 ·
It's 91 at home...

Fortunately, I'm not at home. It's 76 degrees, with a delightful seabreeze in Newport...

View attachment 2556298

Wife and kids are at my sister's, enjoying the pool.

Mike
Now that looks like it fun to do. Getting on the water. A different world.

Reactions: mikeinri

·
Super Moderator
12,672 Posts
Nasty stretch coming up. It is muggy here as well which is unusual for us. Feels tropical.
Font Circle Symmetry Pattern Paper product

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,840 Posts
Nasty stretch coming up. It is muggy here as well which is unusual for us. Feels tropical.
View attachment 2557167
Ouch. That looks miserable.

Yup, July is here. Hottest month of the year in North America. Up north that’s a good thing for those looking for a taste of summer. In the south, it’s generally pretty miserable.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
The gorgeous 100+ degree days have left the premises and been replaced with only mid-80's, so sad to see it go. Then we also have thunderboomers every single day in the afternoons for the next ten days, at least. The thunderboomer yesterday dropped 1.5 inches of rain in 20 minutes, raining so hard could barely see the side yard.

·
Premium Member
14,873 Posts
We're in the White Mountains of NH, mid-70s, nice breeze. It went down to 50 last night, which is perfect for sleeping in the RV (with the windows closed, LOL)!

It's in the 80s at home, and there it will stay for the next two weeks. Not much rain in the forecast.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
12,672 Posts
Ouch. That looks miserable.

Yup, July is here. Hottest month of the year in North America. Up north that’s a good thing for those looking for a taste of summer. In the south, it’s generally pretty miserable.
I'm typically not bothered by it but we've been plagued by humidity and it feels thick here. Time to bust out my chicken house fan every time I go in the garage.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,840 Posts
I'm typically not bothered by it but we've been plagued by humidity and it feels thick here. Time to bust out my chicken house fan every time I go in the garage.
Yeah, humidity gets you. I went for a run this morning at 6 am-ish and even though temps were reasonable the humidity was thick. Came back clothes dripping wet like I just climbed out of a pool. Zero evaporation taking place when the air is that damp.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Pretty hot and humid here . I like the heat and humidity at times I think it relaxes your muscles . We wear long sleeve coveralls at work and Friday I worked on the flue side of a furnace . But its pretty hot here in this river Delta . I guess thats what you call a spot where rivers merge together . It has been scarry Dry and we did get some pop up showers but still dry . Pretty sure it would be a good idea to save some drinkable water 💧 .

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Where two or more rivers join together is called a confluence. A river delta is the end point where it empties into a lake, ocean or other and the sediment it carried is slowly built up.

It certainly isn't any fun working inside industrial ovens, furnaces and baghouses, done it too many times and never liked it. Unless it has been shut down for days and allowed to cool, it's not too bad. But oftentimes, it is a production piece of equipment that as soon as it's cool enough to enter, you do. The residual heat bakes you.

Reactions: Bebop

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,528 Posts
We've had two beautiful days here in the Adirondack Mtns. Low 80's and lots of sunshine, dry, and a nice breeze. I wish every day would be just like these.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Where two or more rivers join together is called a confluence. A river delta is the end point where it empties into a lake, ocean or other and the sediment it carried is slowly built up.

It certainly isn't any fun working inside industrial ovens, furnaces and baghouses, done it too many times and never liked it. Unless it has been shut down for days and allowed to cool, it's not too bad. But oftentimes, it is a production piece of equipment that as soon as it's cool enough to enter, you do. The residual heat bakes you.
Went into one the other day the insulation was stacked on the sides of it in the fire box like thick blankets on there side . And it had a coil made with nickel in the steel and you could tap on it with your linemans and play music notes on it . Was a million dollar coil . So I live in a confluence , the Cumberland River flowes into the Tennessee and the Tennessee flowes in into the Ohio and then it flowes into the Mississippi .

2841 - 2860 of 3293 Posts