My Tractor Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2846 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,425 Posts
Wow thats what is going on right now ? Is it tornado type stuff .
Yellow boxes are severe thunderstorm warnings. The red boxes are tornado warnings. Usually the tornado warnings are put up because radar “suggests” the possibility of actual tornadic activity or imminent potential for it.

I only had the radar to go on. I haven’t followed the news to hear whether tornadoes actually materialized over Wisconsin yesterday evening. At minimum, they got some nasty t-storms and likely severe winds.

·
Super Moderator
43,311 Posts
74 degrees at 7 AM, that counts as a very warm start of the day here! Not much going to happen today. Supposed to be strong storms and possible tornado(s) this afternoon.

Reactions: Bebop

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
80° and 85% humidity to start the day here in northern Florida. We are to be near or above 100° for the next ten days. Little to no rain forecast for that period, though subject to change on a moment's notice.

·
Premium Member
7,452 Posts
We are supposed to get a short break from the heat this evening. The A/C never even shut down last night and it's set at 78*. Need to go get fuel so I can mow tomorrow. Not much else will happen today that I know of.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,451 Posts
Tornado watch for parts of western NY tonight. The thunderstorms are heading toward us, but our air mass should prevent tornadoes.

·
16,451 Posts
That is a large storm stretching from Maine to WV, DC and Charlotte. :eek:

Reactions: Bebop

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Isn't that some strange weather for the east coast this late in the summer . We have a small storm headed this way but it is suppose to fall apart before it gets here .

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
While there was a minuscule chance of rain for the late afternoon/early evening with a 0.25 accumulation, the forecasters kinda missed the massive thunderboomer that just grew quickly. Thunder, lightning and heavy rain with wind gusts over 30 mph. We have gotten 2 inches of rain in an hour and it's still coming down hard.

Reactions: UrbanTractor

·
16,451 Posts
That storm totally missed us. Unbelievable!

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,425 Posts
That storm totally missed us. Unbelievable!
Completely missed us, too. We had several near misses over the past couple days, with loud thunder nearby, but no rain at all. None in the forecast for next several days, either. Finally had to water the garden again.

·
Super Moderator
43,311 Posts
Apparently, the storm hit harder a bit East of me in a town called Tidioute, PA they may have had a tornado because there were trees down all through the area.

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
Yikes.

Sunny, hot (low 80s) and humid today, but storms are coming through now, but should pass quickly.

The garden definitely needs water. We definitely don't need lightning, hail or nasty wind.

It's supposed to cool down significantly for the weekend.

Mike

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,425 Posts
Yikes.

Sunny, hot (low 80s) and humid today, but storms are coming through now, but should pass quickly.

The garden definitely needs water. We definitely don't need lightning, hail or nasty wind.

It's supposed to cool down significantly for the weekend.

Mike
Supposed to have a big weekend cool down here, too. Hard to believe, though, given temps here now. We’re in the low-mid-90s right now. We’re going to need some steady northwest breezes to blow this heat out of here and bring cool air in…

2761 - 2780 of 2846 Posts