My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 600 Posts
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like someone mentioned we haven't had any significant snowfalls this year. And its after the holidays. Today, I just read all the gulf states may experience spring 20 days earlier this year. Where I'm at in MD., its 15 to 20 degrees warmer this year than normal temperatures so there's definitely a climate change. I see rhododendrons butting. I remember 50 years ago, we had snow on the ground for 2 months. Not any more. Maybe that's why the forum activity seems slow. No more blizzards.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our coldest day this season was this past Monday. It was 37 degrees and windy. Yesterday I woke up it was 45 degrees. Sunny and went up to 60 degrees. We are about 10 to 15 degrees above normal this year.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I got caught in a hail storm and it destroyed my Jeep. Did $5000 of damage. The hood, roof, tail lights and door trim all damaged. It took four weeks to repair it. Hundreds of cars got damaged from he storm. Body shops were booked up.I was lucky to get a rental car. In fact, the rental car was a brand new pathfinder loaded with zero miles on it. I was scared to drive it and get blame for every scratch when I bring it back.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Oh that does look different. Our winter is done. We seeing temp between 50 and 70 everyday with some rain. Maybe the last week of April it will stay in the 70's.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
We did have some heavy winds Thursday and Friday. I'm so happy we just had five trees removed in the front yard. I don't have to go out and rake all the twigs and branches up. The raking wasn't as bad as the bending over to pick them up. Put them in a recycle can.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Today, 75 degrees and sunny up until 11:00AM and then a tornado warning with heavy winds and downpours. And man, it got real dark outside with black clouds and torrential downpour of rain for 15 minutes. Now the sun is back out and its 75 degrees. I heard the south got a tornado in Mississippi. A whole band of storms were along the east coast.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This has been the wettest spring. Seems like it rains every third day. Temperatures still on the cold side for May. Penna., New York, and New England to get snow Friday night and Saturday morning.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yea, we are in some kinda bizarre weather pattern. Our Highs and Lows are 15 degrees lower. Its not going to change until end of next week. You may get some snow Friday night in PA., Up state NY and NE.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
AFRICAN DUST....Its coming to the USA.

This ain't something you smoke.

This is a massive plume of dust coming to the United States from the Sahara Desert. Its suppose to reach US shore line later this week. There's pictures of it over Puerto Rico on this link below. It can affect people with asthma or other respiratory illnesses. I am only 100 miles west of the coast so we will see if it gets dusty. We may not even notice it. It suppose to lesson the chances of hurricanes. They say the sky will be red and we will have beautiful sunsets.

6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
1 - 20 of 600 Posts