My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 148 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
They're forecasting gusts to 60mph by us this afternoon. We prepared yesterday and secured things best we could. Doesn't seem like we're in the rain band, that's west of us.
We got wacked with wind and rain last night..didn't last long but it was severe.....lasted less than an hour...electricity and phone ( including internet) went down for a short while .....so I commented to my wife this morning that I didn't think that the storm was really so bad...then she tells me that was not the storm ...the storm is today...it is whipping up out there....I just pray that it is not another Sandy...I am only about 35 miles west of you...hope that rain belt is another hundred miles west...when the ground gets soaked all the trees come down easily in the wind

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
Well..we made it through the anniversary of SANDY with just a lot of rain...but now the weather forecasts are saying we should expect possible flooding today 😵🤐

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
Wind out of north east.....although it subsided a little, and full moon...not a good combo ..this is behind the houses across the street from me...getting too close for comfort

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
Talking about weather...it's blowing like crazy out there...supposed to start raining like a sonofagun soon....the canal on the other side of the street came almost all the way to the top at high tide today

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
58* here on LI ..that is not bad for the end of November...but it did look like the end of the world earlier with high winds and a tremendous downpour ...still getting 45MPH winds with gusts up to 60...the sky is grey, the tides are really high and people are losing power...thank God that the hurricane season is over :sneaky:

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
52* here on sunny Long Island, pouring rain in the forecast with temps in the mid to high 50s...getting colder and sunny after that...what I find confusing on the Verizon weather widgit, it says that on Monday there is a 40% chance of rain,...but only 5% chance of precipitation...with temps above freezing

·
Super Moderator
15,136 Posts
If my wife didn't kill me for putting one of them in my yard...my neighbors will...everyone is glad that I only have the Massy in the yard...except now what has happened my wife's friend's son was out riding his quad inthe snow today and it died on him....so naturally he pushed it to my house for me to fix it for him....fuel problem...not going to work on it in this weather...so pushed it further into the yard for now

1 - 18 of 148 Posts