My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,528 Posts
We had a little rain overnight, but the roads were barely wet, and dried up by around 10am.

·
16,528 Posts
Lots of rain here, but so far, no wind. In NJ, this tree branch
missed my son's car by inches

·
16,528 Posts
It was 34 this morning here in the “Dacks”. Had to fire up the wood stove for the first time this season. Close to 70 right now.

Reactions: Renster of N.H.

·
16,528 Posts
It's supposed to go below 30 here tonight and is already cooling down. Almost time to light the stove. It's too early for this. B-r-r-r 🥶

·
16,528 Posts
My buddy got a new Mitsubishi a/c heat pump this year. The a/c works great but nothing but cold air when in heat mode. May be a bad reversing valve or solenoid. Hope yours works better.

·
16,528 Posts
I drove up to our Adirondack camp today. It was 73° there. On the way home it was 75° as I passed through Lake George, and most of the leaves were still on the trees and very colorful. They are usually all down by now.

Reactions: cjet69

·
16,528 Posts
No snow here but 35° this morning. 2-4" further north. Looking forward to the warmup starting tomorrow.

·
16,528 Posts
No, it went all around us but not here. 👏 I have way too many leaves on the ground. Yesterday's high winds dropped about a hundred small/medium branches, which I picked up today. I'll start the leaves tomorrow and get most of them up on Thursday.

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
16,528 Posts
That's why I had my trees taken down in our front yard. I was constantly picking up twigs. It got to the point I was raking twigs up every week. Constantly bending over drove me crazy. Now the leaves in the front yard are from leaves blowing down the street. Very little. I have a few trees in the backyard the leaves won't fall until Dec. or Jan. In fact one still has green leaves.
We had two big oaks removed this year but during warm weather I probably pick up over 500 small twigs and branches. I don't do much bending. When walking around I use a folding reach/pickup tool and the Fold-it cart.. While mowing it stays behind the tractor seat for quick access so I don't have to disengage the blades and get off.

·
16,528 Posts
About the same here today, and should stay that way until Wednesday. I'll take it.

·
16,528 Posts
Several years ago I was seeing floaters in one eye. An ophthalmologist told me I had a retinal detachment. He did a laser procedure and as he was finishing up, for some unexplained reason he machine-gunned the laser foot pedal. I jerked my head back, and don't think I suffered any permanent damage but now, if I look into the light and look to the left or right I sometimes see black, hair-like lines, which I have been told are just scars from the laser and that it's common. o_O Under normal conditions they are not visible. BTW, after that incident I switched doctors.

·
16,528 Posts
I was told not to worry about floaters. Its flashes that may or may not mean you have a retina tear.
I know some people had both and they went away. I know only one person that had a retina tear and got it fixed.
I should have said I was seeing flashers. After the laser treatment, now I occasionally see floaters.

·
16,528 Posts
We’re supposed to get wind up to 50mph, but not quite there yet. I had all the leaves cleaned up yesterday. Now my neighbor’s leaves are visiting. Maybe this wind will finally empty his oak tree.

·
16,528 Posts
Temperature went down to 19° overnight. Should hit 42° today and 55° tomorrow. I'll finish up the leaves and stow away the vacuum, then remove the mower deck and attach the snow blower and cab doors. I'll be ready for winter, but mentally...not so much. 🥴

·
16,528 Posts
Don, I do have a heater, but it's not built-in. Does the job though. I don't need a blade and wouldn't be able to keep my head and neck turned backwards anyway.

You wouldn't care if she just stood there and said nothing. :love:

·
16,528 Posts
So far, no snow here through next weekend, but around here that could change in a heartbeat.

·
16,528 Posts
No accumulating snow predicted here for the whole week, but the temperature is dropping rapidly.

Blue Text Atmosphere White Line

·
16,528 Posts

·
16,528 Posts
The one I have folds, as does the one in the link, so I can also keep it behind the tractor seat and use it if I come upon a branch while mowing. Beats having to shut off the mower and climb down, then climb back up.

·
16,528 Posts
Too much raking, Don. I try not to rake at all unless absolutely necessary.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts