My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like someone mentioned we haven't had any significant snowfalls this year. And its after the holidays. Today, I just read all the gulf states may experience spring 20 days earlier this year. Where I'm at in MD., its 15 to 20 degrees warmer this year than normal temperatures so there's definitely a climate change. I see rhododendrons butting. I remember 50 years ago, we had snow on the ground for 2 months. Not any more. Maybe that's why the forum activity seems slow. No more blizzards. Here's pictures of the white house with a lot of snow years ago and a picture of the white house this winter. AP_100206127902-1880x1254 (1).jpg iStock_WhiteHouse_020620.jpg

·
motorcycle cowboy
846 Posts
Like someone mentioned we haven't had any significant snowfalls this year. And its after the holidays. Today, I just read all the gulf states may experience spring 20 days earlier this year. Where I'm at in MD., its 15 to 20 degrees warmer this year than normal temperatures so there's definitely a climate change. I see rhododendrons butting. I remember 50 years ago, we had snow on the ground for 2 months. Not any more. Maybe that's why the forum activity seems slow. No more blizzards. Here's pictures of the white house with a lot of snow years ago and a picture of the white house this winter. View attachment 2445514 View attachment 2445515
Yeah that's probably due to all the hot air that's been blowing around for the past few months.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No, you're not imagining things; I've noticed it too.

I think part of it is due to the season (winter); but I think a larger part is MTF's acquisition by Vertical Scope. It's been my experience that when a niche or local web site is bought by Vertical Scope, it's equivalent to the kiss of death. I've watch many vibrant web sites (local and niche) wither down to a shadow of their former participation activity within two years after they've been purchased. I know it's not cheap to maintain a web site, especially once it becomes as large as this one is, but still...

That's sad because I've always felt that this site was like family, not a commercial "for profit" web site.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
We have warmer winters and I'm not complaining. Just stating a fact.
I can remember even in the 1960's winters without snow. We were all worried about how Santa was going to get to our house without snow. That was short lived and passed just like our weather now will. So far this winter we have had some record lows and highs.

3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our coldest day this season was this past Monday. It was 37 degrees and windy. Yesterday I woke up it was 45 degrees. Sunny and went up to 60 degrees. We are about 10 to 15 degrees above normal this year.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Monday was at 66 degrees. Last Wednesday the low was 2 degrees and the high was 17 degrees. We never know how to dress here.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Got up to just over 0C the last couple days, but dropping back to -10 to -15C (as the high) with another couple blasts of snow over the next couple of days...

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,949 Posts
Yesterday morning was 56 degrees at 6:30 AM, right now 27 degree at 6:09 AM, quite the change overnight. Supposed to be colder till about Tuesday.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,323 Posts
It was over 65 F here yesterday ,last night it dropped to 25 degrees!...quite the swing in temperature..
This yo-yo temperature swing weather with rain off & on we've had lately is great for pneumonia..

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Just a balmy 86° today, supposed to hit 90° and above tomorrow. Spending all the time outside getting my tan back.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
We're back in cold weather, with up to another 6" of snow on Tuesday.

Someone must have taken the snowblower off their tractor...

·
Super Moderator
30,949 Posts
OK, so last night we had a heck of a series of bands of rain, sleet, and 60+ mph winds rip through NWPA. Fortunately the last week was dry and the ground had some time to stablilize from the really wet conditions or last nights storm would have done more damage. Had to do some minor cleanup today and we lost power twice last night and once this morning for just a few minutes each time. Did anyone else have bad storms in the Northeast?

·
Administrator- We’re all friends here
14,471 Posts
We had a little rain overnight, but the roads were barely wet, and dried up by around 10am.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts