My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some locations online where shops were having mattresses on sale. We needed to upgrade to a king size as Herbanjo has made me fat with all her great cooking.
First stop was Ashley furniture. We were greeted and started looking around at all the nice furniture. Took some notes and decided to go up half a block to a mattress warehouse. Went in there, they guy working had not even turned on the lights. We looked around and were not impressed at all. We talked some about how our dressers were so old...some missing knobs etc. Went back to Ashley and was greeted by the same salesman. Herbanjo asked him if they timed us to see how long it would be before we came back.

I can't post a pic of what we bought but here is a link.

Oh the mattress is a Simmons pillowtop. The bed, dresser, night stand and media chest (thing you put the tv on) is called the Timberline style.

http://www.furniturestorenyc.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=BDR-B258

By the way, this furniture is made in America Woo Hoo! AND we bought a protection plan for repairs etc. If we don't ever call anything in in 5 years we get that money back!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
All that you should be ready for a nap Terry to try it out!

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
I'm not trying to be a downer, new furniture is GREAT, but did you read about Ashley furniture online before purchasing furniture there? The GOOD thing is in my experience bedroom furniture doesn't seem to take as much abuse as say couches.

Dan

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It gets delivered and set up on Sept 18th. We can't wait!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not trying to be a downer, new furniture is GREAT, but did you read about Ashley furniture online before purchasing furniture there? The GOOD thing is in my experience bedroom furniture doesn't seem to take as much abuse as say couches.

Dan
No we didn't but if something breaks the warranty will repair or replace it.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Geez whizz, that is awhile away. you may have forgot that you bought it by then and then what a great surprise on the 18th!:thThumbsU

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
You will love the mattress!! Used to have one and they sleep great! Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the great sleep.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A funny story about the display mattresses. One side is firm and the other soft. People try them out and want to buy them like that only to be told they can't. It is only to save floor space for the demos.

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
Very nice setup. I bet you enjoy it for years to come.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts