My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,998 Posts
GreyGhost said:
The quoted membership is now 740 while the active poster number has declined threefold and the project, tractor related post, pics and or informative topics have for the most part entirely vanished in favor of something less than the forum suggests upon first joining. If you mean this forum to be an a-men corner for 12 or so posters, please so indicate in your welcoming comments.

Man... I guess I have always felt welcome here... and consider these guys all friends!... but I guess I'll just go back to the Craftsman forum and wait for someone to post a question I can help them with... or maybe post some more pics of by GT-5000. :sad_02:

Where do you get the "active poster" stats (that have" declined threefold?") I am sure you could "un-join" if you wanted to... all you would have to do is ask! Then there is always the easiest solution... don't visit here!

Ever heard of Garden Web? Maybe you should check them out!

Have a nice day!

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,769 Posts
i also tend to disagree with greyghost....

Yes, we have more topics of forums that are non tractor related.... and yes we have off topic posts...

but we always welcome new members.. and their questions... and their equipment... and i dont see many - or any - questions going unanswered...

we dont bash, we have no crazy popups and i think for the most part..

we all get along pretty well...i consider many folks here friends...

i think we have a great group of guys and ladies here...

we are closing in on 750 members... not all active.. but we get 110-130 registered folks checking in daily...

We started this thing in march with about 20 mods and about 5 members...

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
No projects? Are you kidding? Check out Wingnuts TO and Ingersalls 8N..just to name a couple...

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
GreyGhost said:
"We need new sponsors!

Please note the following, (no response required nor requested) The quoted membership is now 740 while the active poster number has declined threefold and the project, tractor related post, pics and or informative topics have for the most part entirely vanished in favor of something less than the forum suggests upon first joining. If you mean this forum to be an a-men corner for 12 or so posters, please so indicate in your welcoming comments.
GreyGhost,

I am trying to understand the nature of your statements and concerns regarding the quote above. You seem like an intelligent person who articulates your subject well, but I've read your points and fail to connect.

Are you suggesting that the crux of the site is too personal and less technical concerning general tractor discussions? In your opinion, is the numbers correlation you've pointed out, of members decline due to this sites personality? Do you believe there is a "Clique" and members are not truly members unless they belong?

No hidden agenda here, just thought your opinions may enlighten some or address real issues I might not see.

Mark

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
I would just like to add without editing my own post:

The powers that be could keep slightly adjusting and modifying this site and eventually make it a 'knock-off' of SSB, TBN, YT and a host of others...personally, I'd hate to see it happen.

Mytractorforum is in it's adolescence, and the staff seem to be very capable at raising this child to be a responsible, versatile and UNIQUE adult. Who wants a child like every other kid on the block? MTF will never be everyone's favorite, and I attribute member ratings (drop off) to those that are seeking dry, technical 'nuts & bolts' data with the minimum of contributions in the form of written responses and replies.

Regards, Mark

·
Registered
421 Posts
As I said previously, I'm new here. I've visited other forums looking for information concerning other things, cars, trucks, whatever and waited days for a response. It was like playing chess via the mail.
Someone made a great point, this forum is great when you can get a response for your questions and not get beat up when you offer your own perspective, even through it may be less then accurate.

I subscribe to the idea of freedom of choice. Nobody is keeping anybody here and nobody is forcing acceptance of anything!!!! If you don't like it then don't participate. If you find yourself in the middle of an exchange that you don't like, don't read it, get out of that thread. I see it as being that simple. That's another reason I like it here, it's simple, uncomplicated, no backgrouind check, no IQ level, no tests to pass, no income level, no skin color, just a few guys sharing somethings they have in common. :fing32:

Since this thread was concerning sponsorship, maybe the ghost has trouble seeing the value of this forum for $20 a year. In that case do what most others do that never support anything, just suck on the free tit that's being provided by others and keep your mouth shut. :trink39: :fing20:

·
6,348 Posts
DYT4000 said:
No projects? Are you kidding? Check out Wingnuts TO and Ingersalls 8N..just to name a couple...
My 1944 John Deere B is another, also my Dad's 1936 Silver King.

What is it Grey Ghost that you would like to discuss? Please post it and see what kind of responses you get from it, if I can help I surely will.

·
6,348 Posts
rwairforce said:
Since this thread was concerning sponsorship, maybe the ghost has trouble seeing the value of this forum for $20 a year. In that case do what most others do that never support anything, just suck on the free tit that's being provided by others and keep your mouth shut. :trink39: :fing20:
Oh man I like that moxy, I gotta remember that saying....so fitting in so many cases. :congrats:

·
15,769 Posts
John Deere Addict said:
Oh man I like that moxy, I gotta remember that saying....so fitting in so many cases. :congrats:

cat's got the best one ive ever seen...

But i cant post it here or id get banned for swearing..:fing20:

but i think its hillarious.....

·
15,769 Posts
John Deere Addict said:
Uhhh, SJ you own this place..nobody gonna ban you....but you!
LOL thats what you think.. ive gotten so many verbal and written warnings from aunt greg.. it would make your head spin... ROF

lets just say.. he keeps me on my toes!!! :hide:

j/k greg... please no more warnings!!!ROF

i may be admin, but we all re-started this place together....

Attachments

·
15,769 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
LOLLOLLOL!!!!!
I WILL be using THAT one Greg!!!!!!!!!!!!1
yup that was the one i was talking about.. but it has a caption on the bottom too....

dont you wish you could print that up and keep it on a business card.. i could pass those out all day long....

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,998 Posts
simple_john said:
yup that was the one i was talking about.. but it has a caption on the bottom too....

dont you wish you could print that up and keep it on a business card.. i could pass those out all day long....
Could either SJ or Greg e-mail me the un-edited version...with the caption on the bottom?

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,600 Posts
James, if your Mom e.mails me, and says it's OK, I'll send you the code to Google it... Otherwise, you're on your own, kid.

ROF ROF ROF

Aunt Greg

21 - 40 of 43 Posts