My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many we are up to now, but as all can see this is the best web site on the internet by far. There have been some really great threads on here that many of the new members have started and now you can help make this place even better by donating only $20.00 a year. Where else can you get info and entertainment this cheap. :fing32: Please consider helping out as SJ only takes your money and invests it into making this place even better. I gotta say this place is very addictive as you all can see yourself and joining it will show your support. Thanks to all those who have already contributed. :congrats:

Dur

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,769 Posts
Ernies Imports said:
where do you send the $$
How about some details, address, phone ect....
Ernie
DW... my head of sales... ROF

:congrats:

Ernie heres a link

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=1017

you can join by going to your user CP and click on paid subscriptions...

or PM me or email me [email protected] for my mailing address if you prefer to mail to me...

dont forget.. sponsors get MTF bumper stickers too...

as always... thanks guys..

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
It's money well spent!! :fing02:

·
Registered
415 Posts
John, I may get flamed for mentioning this, but I figure anything to keep this site up and running for you, is good for all of us. On top of membership dues, you could use google ads (if you control the HTML of this site). Maybe a little text ad based on what we are typing in, Google does most of the work, they aren't pop-ups, just a small line of text on the side, or top/bottom.

It's your site, I think my membership dues are well worth it, and I try to come and visit everyday. I for one detest pop-ups ads and the like, but a few google text ads on your site corresponding to what we are already talk about wouldn't bother me.

Like I said, just mentioning it, I don't care either way...

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,998 Posts
Jeff said:
John, I may get flamed for mentioning this, but I figure anything to keep this site up and running for you, is good for all of us. On top of membership dues, you could use google ads (if you control the HTML of this site). Maybe a little text ad based on what we are typing in, Google does most of the work, they aren't pop-ups, just a small line of text on the side, or top/bottom.
Not going to "flame" anyone Jeff... but I only have a 15" monitor and I LOVE the clean look of this site... If SJ ever needs the $$$, I would rather pay a little more... JMHO!

·
15,769 Posts
'ads by google'

i know jeff... i just hate them...

they are practically on every site you go to nowadays... google is such a monster... given the choice.. i prefer to not put them here...

i know they can pull in some decent revenue too and possible help in our rankings... but given the choice... id try not to muck the site up..

IMO
id really rather get a handful of site advertisers.. like nick (the smartfarmer) and mark C&C machinery & John (johnny buckets) and partsman (chown tractor parts) ect..

maybe a few more so as to not over crowd the site.. but to give folks here links to places that could get them stuff they need...

oh and definetly no popups... :fing20:

·
Registered
880 Posts
If the dues are $20 per year will you reming me when my year is up or will my sponsor
thingy just disappear.
Rodster

·
15,769 Posts
rod the software is pretty smart.. a few days prior to your suibscription running out.. it emails you.....
im testing that now...

·
6,348 Posts
I asked John for his address about a week ago which he provided me. I figure since I have sure done my share of gabbing on here I better Cowboy up. Mrs. JDA will mail it out tomorrow. I enjoy this site and as a relative newbie you guys have made me feel welcome....Thanks.

·
Banned
39 Posts
"We need new sponsors!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how many we are up to now, but as all can see this is the best web site on the internet by far. There have been some really great threads on here that many of the new members have started and now you can help make this place even better by donating only $20.00 a year. Where else can you get info and entertainment this cheap. Please consider helping out as SJ only takes your money and invests it into making this place even better. I gotta say this place is very addictive as you all can see yourself and joining it will show your support. Thanks to all those who have already contributed. "

Please note the following, (no response required nor requested) The quoted membership is now 740 while the active poster number has declined threefold and the project, tractor related post, pics and or informative topics have for the most part entirely vanished in favor of something less than the forum suggests upon first joining. If you mean this forum to be an a-men corner for 12 or so posters, please so indicate in your welcoming comments.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,845 Posts
GreyGhost said:
Please note the following, (no response required nor requested) The quoted membership is now 740 while the active poster number has declined threefold and the project, tractor related post, pics and or informative topics have for the most part entirely vanished in favor of something less than the forum suggests upon first joining. If you mean this forum to be an a-men corner for 12 or so posters, please so indicate in your welcoming comments.
I'm not quite sure what your saying GreyGhost. If you're unhappy with the content of this forum, then by all means post something with the content your seeking or leave and never return. But to come on and insult the people that are posting is going a little over the edge in my book and is totally uncalled for. Consider yourself officially UNWELCOME!!!

·
Banned
39 Posts
Argee said:
I'm not quite sure what your saying GreyGhost. If you're unhappy with the content of this forum, then by all means post something with the content your seeking or leave and never return. But to come on and insult the people that are posting is going a little over the edge in my book and is totally uncalled for. Consider yourself officially UNWELCOME!!!
You have made that indelibly plain from the start, suggest you take a refresher course in basic mathematics and analyze the reality of your site performance numbers Sir, I have not been alone in considering myself unwelcome officially or otherwise. Think what you must but your own numbers are not decieving anyone but yourself.

Consider yourself officially to be informed of REALITY.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
GreyGhost said:
You have made that indelibly plain from the start, suggest you take a refresher course in basic mathematics and analyze the reality of your site performance numbers Sir, I have not been alone in considering myself unwelcome officially or otherwise. Think what you must but your own numbers are not decieving anyone but yourself.

Consider yourself officially to be informed of REALITY.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GreyGhost said:
"We need new sponsors!
I do disagree with what you are saying about the content. Anytime anyone has had a question or tractor problem there has always been several jump in and help out. I don't know what else they could do any different then that.
As far as other content i always felt this was bigger than just a tractor forum and i think all the other topics on here prove that to be true. Anytime someone has had a personal problem and just needed prayer or maybe just wanted to talk about it then we are here for them. I really don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Dur

·
Banned
39 Posts
Durwood said:
I do disagree with what you are saying about the content. Anytime anyone has had a question or tractor problem there has always been several jump in and help out. I don't know what else they could do any different then that.
As far as other content i always felt this was bigger than just a tractor forum and i think all the other topics on here prove that to be true. Anytime someone has had a personal problem and just needed prayer or maybe just wanted to talk about it then we are here for them. I really don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Dur
Nor do I with the the one exception of arbitrary exclusionism.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts