My Tractor Forum banner

We lost a Gravely Guy....

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  tiretrx 
#1 ·
Our friend Al(Canary Al) passed on Feb. 12th after suffering a massive heart attack on Jan. 28th. I spoke to his daughter and she expressed how much he loved his Gravelys. No doubt he had a true passion for these machines, to learn about them, to improve them, and to make friends along the way. I posted in the "In Memoriam" forum letting the membership know. I posted some links in it pertaining to Al's time here. Please visit the thread, if possible. He was a good friend, he'll be missed.

#4 ·
Oh, that's so sad. Al was one of the good ones. A charming gentleman, always generous with his time, and a knowledgable gravely guy.

Rest in peace, Al!

#5 ·
I learned of it. an broke the news to the guys on the FB groups the other day. Great guy that will be greatly missed in the gravely world. RIP Al

#6 ·
This is sad news, Al visited my home several times in his travels and was very enthusiastic regarding my various improvements for the G series tractors.

In fact, he wrote the Forward for Volume 1 of my booklets on the improvements.

He was a gentleman of the highest order.

His family will be in my prayers, he will be missed.

Sheldon

#8 ·
As has been mentioned already, he was truly one of the good guys. His good nature and his knowledge will be missed. That gets said about a lot of people; he truly deserves it.

Al broke bread with my wife and me a few years back when he visited here on his travels. He and my wife, it turned out, had some common professional interests. That was a memorable evening. I even remember what I made as he really liked it.

Rest with peace, Al. May all who loved him also find peace.

Reactions: gravely1964
#13 ·
Very Sorry to hear of Al's passing. I haven't been on the forum for some time. It was couple of years ago when Al gave some of his knowledge that help me fix a problem on my 12G. Al was a kind and gentle man who loved his Gravely tractors. I am very sad to hear of his passing. Rest in peace Al..

#16 ·
Al certainly touched a lot of lives. Just one of those guys. A very good one.

Nice to see you again, hope to see you more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.