My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the best neighbors.

My wife came in the door the other night and said Bill is outside and he has something for you. I walked out and was speechless. Bill had gone out a purchased a new JD tractor/mower so he came over with his older craftsman and asked if I could use my Kubota to rip out some stumps in his yard and as payment he would like to give me this.

I'm still speechless. My old mower was on its last legs, What an awesome gift.
FYI he loves his new Deere with Lumbar support and all the bells and whistles.

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
That's a crazy awesome gift! The counterweight looks unbelievable, you should have no problem using that as your main snow machine. Just watch the engine in that GT5000. I have heard a lot of them go bad because of thrown rods (one of them even threw both at the same time). Keep the oil maintained and you're golden!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
That is one **** of a payment for using your kubota. That will do you very well in the winter. Yep motors on these were noted for tossing rods out of them.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I don't believe oil issues with the gt5000. If I remember right it was issues with the air intake on the carb and sucking in debris

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
We have the best neighbors.

My wife came in the door the other night and said Bill is outside and he has something for you. I walked out and was speechless. Bill had gone out a purchased a new JD tractor/mower so he came over with his older craftsman and asked if I could use my Kubota to rip out some stumps in his yard and as payment he would like to give me this.

I'm still speechless. My old mower was on its last legs, What an awesome gift.
FYI he loves his new Deere with Lumbar support and all the bells and whistles.

God bless him for being so nice! We have a few neighbors like this! Thank The Lord we have been given quite a bit of equipment for helping our neighbors. Hope the tractor does what you need it to do for a long time! Enjoy!!
Eric

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Now that is a great neighbor. The world would be such a better place if there were more people like that. :fing32:

What kind of weight is on the back of the tractor? It looks familiar but I just kind tell what it is.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now that is a great neighbor. The world would be such a better place if there were more people like that. :fing32:

What kind of weight is on the back of the tractor? It looks familiar but I just kind tell what it is.
Day 2 for me , I just learned to drop snow thrower , unhook chains, and hook up belly mower. I removed the weight off the back. Tomorrow I will take wheel weights off and if the weather here ever breaks (Rain Rain go away!!) will taker 'er for a test mow.

All I can tell you is the back counter weight is a canister filled with what I believe to be sand. Heavy sucker.!!

When Bill bought the house , a boat and trailer , above ground pool and this GT came with it. I do not believe the previous owner ever used the Snow Thrower either. The lever adjust on the thrower was broken , I fixed that easily enough.

The height adjust lever for mower deck also gets stuck when lowered or raised all the way up or down, Appears to be a weak spring when you depress the red button to unlock the catch pin to raise or lower deck.
Should also be easy fix.

Other than that she is a very clean machine. Definitely did not see much use (if any).

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
my nieghbors give me beer cans lol

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
I don't believe oil issues with the gt5000. If I remember right it was issues with the air intake on the carb and sucking in debris
As far as I know, the debris ruining your engine because of a warped plastic air intake was a fault of the first gen Briggs ELS series V-Twins. Almost none of them are left because of this monstrous defect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts