My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever try to contact Ducati directly to ask if they stll make parts for this diesel engine? The engine was sold by Wisconsin at one time.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I have not Fred .. but have ran into a lot of dead ends doing searches online for info on parts for mine. Not that I need any parts ..but it would be nice to know they can be had if needed ..

Doug (LPBOLENS) has done lots of research also .. with pretty much the same results as I have .. I'm pretty sure

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
I don't have one of these, but have always been interested in them. I never seriously pursued getting one because of the lack of support available for the engine.

I just shot my local Ducati dealer an e-mail with information about the tractor and engine, and the history of it to see if he has any contacts at Ducati that may be of any assistance. I doubt I'll get anywhere, but I'm interested to see their response.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not Fred .. but have ran into a lot of dead ends doing searches online for info on parts for mine. Not that I need any parts ..but it would be nice to know they can be had if needed ..

Doug (LPBOLENS) has done lots of research also .. with pretty much the same results as I have .. I'm pretty sure

While doing some searches today LPBolens name came up very often. I made contact(Italy) a few years ago about a shotgun that I had bought as a young man while in the service. I plan on pursuing this engine right to Ducati HQ's. I am told there are over 20,000 of these engines out there running right now. In countries all over the world pumping water & making electricity. Someone must have parts for them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Is it the same engine that is used in the motorcycle ? haven't seen one of the Wisconsin models , post a pic if you can. I have the PDF on the motor cycle version. I also have the Wisconsin carburetor kerosene PDF. any other info you can give I'll give it a shot to look up for my files. I have some strange old files too, Clinton engine files

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it the same engine that is used in the motorcycle ? haven't seen one of the Wisconsin models , post a pic if you can. I have the PDF on the motor cycle version. I also have the Wisconsin carburetor kerosene PDF. any other info you can give I'll give it a shot to look up for my files. I have some strange old files too, Clinton engine files
Last night I sent a request to Ducati in Italy. Do you have the correct model # of the Wisconsin version. I was not able to give them ( Ducati) a corrct model number and I am sure they will want it.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
The Wisconsin model number is WD2-860. The Ducati model number MIGHT be 2 IS22, although I cannot prove that.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Doug. In doing searchs on this engine your name comes up very often. I did write to Ducati but it was the same old game . Pass the buck off to one of their dealers and the closest one to me is in Buffalo NY.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I looked up in the kerosen carb PDF i have a after S12DO 1cyl. there is TFO and TDO engines listed. I'm not sure these are 2 cyl. units. after that it goes into 4 cyl. units.

·
Old Guy With Old Toys
1,178 Posts
I think you'll find that Ducati has been bought and sold a couple times since that engine was built. Seriously doubt if you'll get an answer.
It certainly is not like anything they produce in the bike market today.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Thanks Doug. In doing searchs on this engine your name comes up very often. I did write to Ducati but it was the same old game . Pass the buck off to one of their dealers and the closest one to me is in Buffalo NY.
Some time ago, I was able to get in contact with the last US distributor that had parts for these engines.He told me that when his company was sold to new owners, they threw away all of their old Ducati/Wisconsin stock as "obsolete". ARGGGH!!!!:banghead3:banghead3

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
yes I heard the same thing through napa dealers.they had old stock parts. when they moved from one building to another they threw all old stock out.thats after one of the old guys told the owner he could still sell the parts.stupidddddddd.old tec parts.makes me sick every time I think of it.

·
No Deeres here
315 Posts
While doing some searches today LPBolens name came up very often. I made contact(Italy) a few years ago about a shotgun that I had bought as a young man while in the service. I plan on pursuing this engine right to Ducati HQ's. I am told there are over 20,000 of these engines out there running right now. In countries all over the world pumping water & making electricity. Someone must have parts for them.
Theres 20,001 now, just picked up an HT20D and was wonderin if there was any new news on parts sources. I guess not.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No news that I have found. You might PM LPBolens

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Regrettably, I don't have any new info on parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts