My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mowing Green MTF Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at Turtle Wax Ice. I have heard here before that it is good stuff. My main question is paste or liquid? I heard the liquid is easier to remove but what are your thoughts. Also secondly is it safe on a painted plastic hood as well as other plastic parts? Thanks for the help! :howdy:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Iced, How's that look ?? :trink40:

·
Mowing Green MTF Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! Thanks for replying to my PM as well KATT.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I used plain ole turtle wax on mine the other day. I had just a little left so used it on the JD. Next bottle will prob be the ICE.

Ps...good looking picture KATT! Did you use the liquid or paste type? I'm more keen to a paste than liquid myself. Easier to keep up with and see.

Here's mine after plain turtle wax. Shoulda waited for sun to hit it more to show the shine

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Looks good Reb :fing32:
I use the liquid because of all the nooks and crannies and on the underside you don't have to wipe it off, and still get protection. ( just miss the belts and get the pulleys)
I like to detail and there have been many threads on this subject. IMHO Ice isn't the best wax made, but it is easy for those that generally wouldn't wax their tractors and attachments.
On the black areas and seams, it won't end up making more mess than if nothing was done.:Disgus: I'm not addressing fellow detailer here.
:Stop: There are " cleaner /wax " products, Ice is NOT one of them. So you need to apply a thin layer to a very clean surface (think of painting clear coat over a dirty dusty hood LOL) you make mud.
NO I do not work for Ice, but they can send me a check anytime they want. :howdy:
Here is my 10 year old LX279 the day before the dealer was coming to trade it in.
I think waxing does pay off. Sorry for the bad picture quality :bananapow

·
Mowing Green MTF Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish the 2 po's before me washed and waxed my 240. I heard the first owner kept repairing and touching up the paint. From what I heard he really took care of it. The second owner, not so much. I don't even think he washed it once. It was destined to go sit outside 3/4 of the year and mow the lawn at his hunting camp if I didn't get it. Luckily I did because I'm sure abuse and neglect would have occurred sooner or later. After numerous washes and waxes over the two or three years I have owned it, the 240 is looking a lot better. Some paint is flaking and it needs a paint job but that is a job for the summer.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
SwedishRider I have used Klasse products. They are excellent, but like I said, not for the quick and easy guy's, and it does " white-up " .
The guys I am talking to don't want to hear about a 2 steps process and pages of instructions just for a lawn tractor or the $$$$$'s it cost.

Before Klasse

After

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
This thread got me inspired to sneak over to dads house and clean up his GT235 while he was away for a few hours. I had mentioned cleaning it up before and he grumbles about it. Looked like it had been plowing corn for 10 years and hadn't had a bath is years. Sometimes the best thing to do is just do it and not tell anybody.

Used some NU Finish first and it sucked. So I tried some mothers wax I had stored away in the barn. Did alot better. Used some armoural wipes on all the plastics and a little back to black stuff. Even raised the hood and cleaned the engine and underside of the hood. Anywho after 3 wax jobs and some hand buffing she finally came back to life. Looks close to how it did 13 years ago when we took it home from the dealer brand new. Of course as you can see I had a little helper :) and I'm a poor photographer, and it was cloudy out so didn't show the shine that great

·
GO TIGERS!
1,210 Posts
Well I'm in!

Kmart is closing in our town, walked through to see what was left. Shelves are pretty much bare but I did find some Trutle Wax Ice paste for $8.40. Also found some Castrol Syntec 10W-30.

·
Mowing Green MTF Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help! Your tractors are looking so nice all shined up. Keep up the good work.

·
Junior weed whacker
198 Posts
Great job cleaning and preserving guys.
:congrats:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts