My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just got this tractor in last week It has a 17hp twin brigs I/C engine runs perfect..It has a hydro stat trans that is foot controlled..42 inch cutting deck ..Just put new loaded mandrels,new blades,new deck belt.new battery New tubes in rear tires .Did a complete tune and service .. Over all this mower is in great shape no dings or dangs in body no cracks in plastic anywhere ..The only thing missing is the decals ...I am not sure what i should ask for it ..

2001.jpeg 2467c5a_20.jpeg

1917i4m_20.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
If it were mine, I wouldn't take any less than $400 for it. Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. I based the price that I gave you earlier on similar mowers that I have seen for sale on CL and ebay. Matter of fact, my folks have a mower identical to this one, only it's a 2000 model. Just for reference, they paid $1198 USD for this mower brand new in March of 2000. They've owned it since it was new, and it has been a great mower. Being as you are in Canada, maybe you can get a little bit more for it? Just a thought.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand where you are coming from. I based the price that I gave you earlier on similar mowers that I have seen for sale on CL and ebay. Matter of fact, my folks have a mower identical to this one, only it's a 2000 model. Just for reference, they paid $1198 USD for this mower brand new in March of 2000. They've owned it since it was new, and it has been a great mower. Being as you are in Canada, maybe you can get a little bit more for it? Just a thought.

lol I love the mower it runs and works perfect ..I was thinking around 650 ...if i dont sell it i will keep and put it to work next year as a lawn care mower give the wife something to do

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
US money - I wouldn't sell it for less than $450 - except that it doesn't have any decals to make it pretty, it still clean. The extra parts you put in it, deck wise, makes it usable for about 4-5 years worth of service, so it is like new. Canadian being what it is, you might consider $575-600 tops. It just depends on your market up there for Murray. Some places seems they are hated, while here in Tennessee, where they were made, we can sell one with out a problem and command the top dollar for it. It just has to be pretty to the eye, fixed up with parts and belts replaced and running good. What I find is that people just want a good rider, that they don't have to worry about. What I give them is at least a season's worth of mowing trouble free. My unspoken rule is they will get that mower fixed for nothing if they have to bring it back or I'll replace it, if unfixable. They don't know that, but it is my rule.

·
Registered
690 Posts
lol I love the mower it runs and works perfect ..I was thinking around 650 ...if i dont sell it i will keep and put it to work next year as a lawn care mower give the wife something to do
i'd say 650, i've sold a couple older manual trans, murray's in "decent" shape for 300-350.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
US money - I wouldn't sell it for less than $450 - except that it doesn't have any decals to make it pretty, it still clean. The extra parts you put in it, deck wise, makes it usable for about 4-5 years worth of service, so it is like new. Canadian being what it is, you might consider $575-600 tops. It just depends on your market up there for Murray. Some places seems they are hated, while here in Tennessee, where they were made, we can sell one with out a problem and command the top dollar for it. It just has to be pretty to the eye, fixed up with parts and belts replaced and running good. What I find is that people just want a good rider, that they don't have to worry about. What I give them is at least a season's worth of mowing trouble free. My unspoken rule is they will get that mower fixed for nothing if they have to bring it back or I'll replace it, if unfixable. They don't know that, but it is my rule.

the market is o.K here it has its ups and downs lol...I am very meticulous when it comes to the performance and looks of the mowers ..ITS driving me insane that i cant get the factory decals..I was going to get some made ..But having a hard time finding someone that will print them ..AS for my warranty it covers all the mechanical components on the mower for 3 months i will buy it back or fix for free ..Unless it caused by miss use ..Murray has a good standing here i get alot of them for tune ups and minor repairs ..thanks for your input on this much appreciated :trink39:

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you guys are not going to believe this ..I had my Murray listed for 900 With a dump cart ..A fellow came in looked it over drove it around He loved it and said heres 850 for the tractor i dont want the dump cart ..I am still in shock here ..didn't expect that at all i was thinking 7 tops

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks great, I keep a few Murrays around for trade material. I watch craigs for a new rider that is broken and offer for a trade. I have a JD and a DYT I traded for. I would think the right buyer you could sell for $500+. Most murray owners or loyal to the brand.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
I didn't mean you couldn't sell it for that much, but that someone came along and appreciated the work and the clean lines of the Murray. If a rider is clean and has had a lot of the important parts replaced, most people feel they have a better chance of no problems with the mower. I'm like you, I'll replace stuff that other guys wouldn't. It makes my profit a bit less, but I sell mine quicker than most people on C'list. I see similar riders staying on C'list for weeks. I describe every detail, and show the best photo's I can.

I just sold my Father's JD L110 for him and I sold it for $750, but I replaced the seat, repainted the seat pan, new battery, new blade belt, new regulator, new spindle and new blades. He was happy I sold it for that much and I got $200 for my trouble plus my cost of parts, and wasn't even planning on charging him except for the parts.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking in the range of 700-750 with out the cart but when he went to his wallet and said heres 850 for the tractor ..I tryed to say no but he said i like your work and you came very highly recommended and i dont mind paying $850 for the mower as i know you will stand behind your word and you have a very good standing with your customers ..This is the first time in 10 years i have every come across this ...I did throw in 2 free tune ups and service on the mower for him ...I am just shocked ..Now i have to find an 8 hp brigs for my other one

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
RoughRider - Refurbish-er Extraordinaire of Fine Riding Lawnmowers!

10 years experience - Warranties available for $850!

:thThumbsU

1 - 18 of 18 Posts