My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stove has been in my garage / workshop since it was built by the PO. I imagine it is a simple Harware Store model and not very expensive when bought new but I don't know that for sure. I've since replaced it with a pellet stove and want to get rid of this little guy.

It's rusty from a small leak, around the roof / stove pipe flashing, when I first bought the house 13 years ago. I just never bothered to clean it up and it does need a new window gasket which I can throw in the deal, $7 or so at Lowes. It measures 21"across X 14" deep X 25" tall (including the legs). No idea on BTU's.

What do you guys think? Scrap metal or maybe worth a few bucks?

Attachments

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I'd hit it with some stove black paint and put it on craiglist for a 100 or 200.

Better then your gonna get a the scrap yard.

I had one that sat outside for 2 years, and sold it for 200 after I painted it. The guy who bought it was happy and I told him it was just a quickly paint job.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I agree completely with Ken on this one Mike. The air draft lever on the upper left tells me that it's a more modern EPA model with secondary burn. Take a few minutes, throw that door gasket in it and hit with some paint after a clean up. It might even go $300 or $400.

·
22,321 Posts

·
22,321 Posts
I also just found a photo from an auction that identifies it as a Campbell Elite II wood stove.

·
22,321 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
This stove has been in my garage / workshop since it was built by the PO. I imagine it is a simple Harware Store model and not very expensive when bought new but I don't know that for sure. I've since replaced it with a pellet stove and want to get rid of this little guy.

It's rusty from a small leak, around the roof / stove pipe flashing, when I first bought the house 13 years ago. I just never bothered to clean it up and it does need a new window gasket which I can throw in the deal, $7 or so at Lowes. It measures 21"across X 14" deep X 25" tall (including the legs). No idea on BTU's.

What do you guys think? Scrap metal or maybe worth a few bucks?

I have the same stove .
Warnock Hersey S24XE Wood Stove
is not the mfg. Thats the company who tested them for safety.
the stove has a tag on the back. Looking at the bottom of the tag in the middle it says Haughs. To the right of that should be a mfg date stamped in the metal. Im looking for parts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree completely with Ken on this one Mike. The air draft lever on the upper left tells me that it's a more modern EPA model with secondary burn. Take a few minutes, throw that door gasket in it and hit with some paint after a clean up. It might even go $300 or $400.
where is the air draft lever on the upper left im missing that all i see is the top of the door handle is this what your seeing?

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,911 Posts
Looks similar to my Englander wood stove. Mine is EPA compliant & non-catalytic. Mine has the damper on the bottom though.
Does that one have tubes going across the top on the inside?
I would clean it up, put some stove black on it & sell it. Definitely can sell it for more than scrap value. Would make a nice garage stove for someone.

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking at the front of the stove, it’s a small wound metal handle just above the door, barely discernible, on the right side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks similar to my Englander wood stove. Mine is EPA compliant & non-catalytic. Mine has the damper on the bottom though.
Does that one have tubes going across the top on the inside?
I would clean it up, put some stove black on it & sell it. Definitely can sell it for more than scrap value. Would make a nice garage stove for someone.
Not sure bout the tubes...mine works great

·
Registered
6 Posts
February 2012

Here it mentioned the left side

1 - 18 of 18 Posts