My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a RJ-58 missing the rear gear box/tranny. The tractor is in over all really nice shape and would be a total shame to part out. The original decals and the red paint only needed a sponge bath to look near mint. The original Clinton motor is in super shape with all of its original decals, air cleaner assembly and aluminum bodied recoil starter. The story goes that the original owner had to have a machine shop machine a new gear that had worn out. While the gear case was at the machine shop it accidently was canned by a worker who thought it was junk. I believe the story because there's no way someone would have removed the gear case/tranny for any other reason; it’s in that good of original un-restored shape (a total time warp). What I am looking for is a good parts RJ with the gear case or someone nice enough to sell the rear portion of an RJ. Basically I need the gear case/tranny, axels, shifter arm, belt guard, belt tensioner and seat pan. I have the rear wheels and the seat stay. As always thank you for any assistance you may be able to give. Vince :trink39:

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
ebay is a good source for the parts you need. they come up occasionaly, though it may take a while. you may even find a parts tracotr for sale. good luck in your hunt, and keep us posted. would love to see some pics of what you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts