My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted, Front Grill for Toro Wheel Horse 520XI. All of the XI series models have the same grill. Will also accept a grill from a New Holland GT18, 20, or 22. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
It ain't cheap but I found one. I'd call them to make sure it actually is available before ordering. New $230

Used one $150:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, but this is a plastic grill, not even gold plated. Before I would spend anywhere close to these prices, I would make my own. This is not a rare collector tractor. I guess I will just wait for one to show up on EBay. Have seen them in the past at a reasonable price. Thanks for trying.

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
Thanks for the info, but this is a plastic grill, not even gold plated. Before I would spend anywhere close to these prices, I would make my own. This is not a rare collector tractor. I guess I will just wait for one to show up on EBay. Have seen them in the past at a reasonable price. Thanks for trying.
Yeah, I ran into this with my 266H. Broken grille and new or used costs > half of the tractors worth.

Wrongdoug and I were talking about the 520xi as he was looking for a great GT and it would fit the bill.

I agree but the production volume is so low on them that parts are hard to come by and expensive when you do buy them.

On my 266H I ended up pop riviting aluminum plates behind the grille and hood and grinding the cracks and using 2 part plastic epoxy (the stuff in the 2 sided syringe) and fiberglass cloth to repair it. It worked fine and the repair held up well.

Reactions: JayzAuto
1 - 4 of 4 Posts