My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings! I hope ALL are having a Pleasant, Peaceful, Healthful Day. I'm in Search of Owners & Technical Repair & Maintenance Manuals for my Little Blue & White FORD LT 80. I believe she is as old as the Briggs & Stratton 8 HP Engine that's powering her (191707 0645-99 76120911, Born: December 9th,1976).

I've hunted eBay and I've an automatic search going on for both. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated and I am more than willing to pay for them.

Respectfully,

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks My Friend! I'll check it out. The only other option I found is on eBay. I finally got the brain cell working that hinted me to look for it under the Jacobsen name and sure enough, Boom! There it is! But for over $50 bucks!!!

I do have to say, I actually got a manual in the past from the Seller and he makes Beautiful manuals, Enhanced Print, Spiral Bound, Plastic Covers, Very Professional. I'll post his Link shortly. Pricey! But Very Nice Work.

I'd rather have something simpler, cheaper, that I won't mind getting frayed up & filthy.

Oddly enough I couldn't find one at a Ford/Jacobsen site I found. I'll post a link to that site as well. It has some good stuff like hard to find parts and decals, nice pics, more... But not much for my lil' ol' LT 80 Lady. In fact, hunting for the manual allowed me to find other somewhat hard to find parts and info for the Briggs 8HP engine that's attached and original/correct for it. Later! John 😎 🎭 🇺🇸

·
Super Moderator
35,165 Posts
I just print the pages I need out of my PDF for my JD manual for whatever project and then when done put them in a binder if they aren't in too bad of shape, if too messed up I just toss them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just print the pages I need out of my PDF for my JD manual for whatever project and then when done put them in a binder if they aren't in too bad of shape, if too messed up I just toss them.
Thanks for the response. I like to do that too and just did ad you for my JD 210 and my Toro Z-52 Zero Turn. I like to keep the pages as well cause I tend to write and hi-lite and such all over them.

Now I'm printing them for my wife! I've had 16 spine ops over the past 5.25 years, just home from hospital 4 days ago, #16, and have become quite disabled. I'm a project in the works as well. She's phenominal! Not afraid to dive into anything. Not bragging but I've guided her through all sorts of projects. Not just tractors: my 85 Vette, plumbing, electricalctrical, carpentry appliances, repairs, maintenance, of all sorts... Best "Handy-Man/Lady" I know.

This past winter I guided her to replace 3 belts in our big MTD Snow Thrower. It was snowing, dark, we put a tent over the machine and me in my wheel chair, tool kit, work light, and I read the instructions, she had to "man-handle" that thing, flip it over, rip the belts out, rip her knuckles, get the springs right, and screws, the shear pins, and, well, you know, but she did it, and then cleared the snow from our semi-circle drive so she could go to her real job, 3rd shift at a local hospital. HA! She's Amazing!

I'm sorry to hear about your wife Joanna, may she rest peacefully. It was your sad note about her that made me think and so my story. 36 years is a long time for a marriage this day and age. There must have been a Lot of Love there. I would be up Sh... Uh... Shastas Creek without my Suzy. God Bless Both of You. ❤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts