My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a single axle landscape trailer rated for 3500 lbs. I have a 4x4 B2150 Kubota (sorry, that may be redundant) with a La350 FEL. Is this trailer too small, or will it work? I'm using my '05 F150 w/a 5.4 engine. The trailer doesn't have brakes on it. I find the tractor is real handy for moving my fire wood at home & it's currently located at my mountain property. Thanks for your imput

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
a bare B2150 weighs 1700 lbs...are your tires loaded?

what kind of grades are you going to experience hauling this combination?

what class of highway(speed, traffic density, etc) will you operate on?

Personally, I am NOT a fan of single axle trailers or trailers without brakes...but, that is NOT to say YOU can NOT do it...;)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
To get my new tractor home (<10 miles away), I transported my John Deere 2305 w/ FEL, MMM, and empty ballast box (at least 2500 lbs total) on a 5x8 single axle trailer. The tractor made it home safe, but I was nervous the whole way home. I drove 25mph and had my father following me to watch for anything going wrong.

I'm sure that your trailer will work, but I wouldn't make a habit of using it.

I won't ever transport my tractor with such a small trailer again... I was lucky.

·
22,192 Posts
Any trailer with over 2500 lb. gross weight should have brakes. The weight of the trailer is included in the gross weight. You are pushing the limit on the trailer suspension with that tractor.

Tractor c. 1700
Loader c. 600
Trailer c. 600
Total c. 2900
Extra ballast c. ??? (Wheel weights, loaded tires, ballast box, etc.)

If not ballanced correctly, it will either be squirrely or take some weight off of your truck front axle. A tandem trailer is much more forgiving and has brakes on at least one axle.

You will have an interesting ride home if you are dealing with hills with that trailer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You all are confirming what I thought was the case. Didn't want to have to rent a trailer to bring it home. I do have some hills to deal with. Thank you for your feedback

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would rent the trailer. It will be much more safe. As far as the F150 is concerned, no problem at all. I have a 16' dual axle trailer rated for 7000 lbs. I pull my JD2305 with FEL, Loaded tires and either a 48"BB, or 48" rotary cutter at least 3 times a week. I have a F150 with the 5.4 in it and can hardly tell its behind me.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
FOr the size of your tractor you should have a double axle trailer. I use a 6.5 x 12 with a 3500 lbs axle and with the 2305, FEL & ballast box it gets squirrely over 40 mph. slkpk

·
MTF spunky member :)
187 Posts
If your in a rural part you could probably drive it home. We drove our 7130 11 miles down the road from the dealership when we bought it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts