My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
Just a note, but a post like this with your email address is an open invitation for scammers...be prepared to plenty of emails from people with "I have exactly what you need emails".

·
Super Moderator
36,739 Posts
I recommend you use the site "Conversation" feature as the method to contact you this is the same as Private Messaging and prevents scammers from jumping right on since new members can't use PM's till they have 15 posts and 15 days.

Conversation can be found by left clicking on the avatar at the top right of the page or by clicking on a members avatar in their post (you must click on it not hover over it).

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
I don't know anything about your specific machine, but have you found the part number for those switches and then searched ebay/amazon for them? The tractor is about 50 years old, so if you want to keep it original, you might need to find places wrecking tractors, they might have working switches.

There's also fixing the switches you have (if you have them), by taking them apart and cleaning/repairing the contacts inside, if that's the problem.

Then there is just getting a regular toggle switch for the lights (with a high enough amp rating) for the lights, and then looking at the wiring diagram for the tractor (or the wiring directly if you can't find the diagram), mapping out the wires and how the various terminals should connect together, and then buying an ignitiion switch that can make those connections.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
382 Posts
Ebay or Amazon...look there my man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts